28. Mikey X Maneki Neko!Reader

Maneki Neko: the more friendly version of the monster cat (bakeneko); also well known for better chances at luck

Nekomata: a dangerous version similar to the bakeneko with a two tails split as one in a fork like appearance

"Donnie... Did you really have to check out.."

"Oh I don't know."

"A cart full of books!" Leo said annoyed after the rough landing going back to the Mystic Library.

As Donnie and Leo argue, Mikey looked up to see a cat like yokai perching on top of the librarian's tall desk.

Before he turns around, a magical barrier surrounds him and his brothers causing the argument to stop.

A screen lights up grabbing all of the three turtles' attention.

"You four were quite the talk of this library for at least a month."

"Just be lucky that bat lady isn't here along with her bats..." The cat yawned while stretching.

"Oh! So you're in charge instead of her?" Mikey asked.

"Only part time for this month.."

"And... I can't really stop you guys from damaging the library again." The cat said now sitting up.

"Well no need to worry about that!"

"My brothers and I will be on our best behavior!" Donnie said confidently.

"After what happened in the kiddie room.." Leo added.

Mikey noticed the name tag pinned around the cat's shirt and squints reading "(Y/N)" to himself in his mind.

"You'll still be monitored by something.."

"But it's better not to let fear take over your curiosity though..." (Y/N) said while grinning like a chesire cat as they hauled the books over to another area.

The barrier disappears after (Y/N) left as the three turtles glance at each other for a reaction.

____________________________________________________

Eight days after being acquainted with (Y/N)...

The three brothers didn't let Raph know about the stuff going on in the Mystic Library. They continued to search the place for a few hours due to (Y/N)'s haunting message which got Donnie curious. After discovering a pattern farther in the library around the fourth day, curiosity influenced the purple turtle to be reckless like Raph not listening to a word from his younger siblings. 

Near the ninth day, Donnie was on to something after observing mystic like claw marks further into the library with his goggles. Leo's eyes widen in shock and was more realistic about this sudden turn of events as he grabs him trying to coax some sense to his older brother. When Leo called out to Mikey, he realized that his younger brother wasn't behind him while restraining Donnie. He ended up drawing attention to the beast with the same claws ready to pounce with it's eyes glaring at the two turtles.

Mikey kept on viewing his surroundings left and right constantly as held his kusari-fundo weapon near his plastron fully afraid after being separated by his brothers.

He lets out a shriek after hearing a book fall behind him.

"Mikey? Is that you?"

Without warning, he attacked with his weapon as he closed his eyes in fear.

(Y/N) hopped in the air kicking the metallic rolling library ladder to the side as the object shielded the cart of books from the fire attack. They skated down the fire as it were a flat rail like a certain blue hedgehog. Before they land safely, they put up the same barrier nine days ago in an attempt to calm Mikey down.