Chapter 18

Today was apparently the start of the autumn season...... that also means i am now technically 16 here, also the Sakura Trees are on their peak blooming more and more flowers, that also means that many people are there to see that scene. And most of all....

[Is it just me or is it that all of the people here are couples?] a pair of a man and woman was sitting on a bench while happily chatting with flushed faces........fuck you riajuu! Just die!

Suppressing my rude thoughts, i went to the usual guild bar. It's been several weeks since i started eating and drinking my fill here, i also became their regular patron.

[Jack-san, what will you order today?](Mari) the bar maid, Miss Mari, already know my name well. As soon as she sees me, she immediately entertains me for my orders of food and beverages. Ms. Mari is married by the way, and i am not into NTR...never!

[Hmm...since it is the 3rd day of the week....is the rabbit stew available?]

[Yes, what will you have as an accompaniment for it?](Mari)

[Give me the usual cold ale...] since i already knew the prices, i immediately put 30 coppers on the table and she quickly gets it and scoots to the bar master while giving him my ordered food and beverage.

The bar master was a gutsy bald man who had a son, who was the bar chef currently cooking at their kitchen. The guild really has good employees since both the bar master and the bar maid seems to be former adventurers.

[Here you go, please enjoy your meal—](Mari)

Praying before eating, i then started the course after that. This world doesn't have that much rice so what I am eating now is something that resembles pita bread, i mean traditional western flat bread with no yeast. It is still yummy~

Scooping the stew using the flat bread, i then put it to my mouth...

[Delish~] the flavor of the rabbit stew bursted inside my mouth as the flavors mixed in the ingredient was so strong, the bland but salty taste of the flat bread fitted the pairing together with the stew. Washing my mouth with a mug of ale.....

[Puhaa! That taste so great!] the ale here is tasty since it came from the dwarf country, Donovan, it is tastier than the one served at the inn. That is also the reason as to why many people eat here. Adventurers who have finished their quests have gathered at this place to relax and eat to their fill.

[Hey haven't you heard about the rumors about the appearance of golems at different places just near the city?](??) my keen hearing sense caught up a conversation between a party of adventurers just behind me.

Rumors huh....they sure spread well especially in places like this.

[You mean the one that appeared at Veriton Dungeon? That was popular you know—](??)....hmm? So it was that huh....

[Yeah, they say that it battled against 5 swarms of buzzer bees and won single handedly while using a weapon that spews fire, even i was curious and i even asked the others that saw the carnage](??)

Mmm....the food sure is delicious, the ale is delicious, over all the meal set was a whoppingly 10/10 points. I just didn't expect I'll get to hear about a rumor about what i have done back then, at least no one saw my face.

[Ms. Mari, another mug of ale!]

[Yes, I heeeaar you—](Mari)

Personally i am aware about my actions, but occasionally i would end up being careless so i should probably be careful of what actions i will take next time. I need to learn....*sigh~*

Leaving the guild diner and bar, i made my way to a small alley...only to find some thugs.

[Hey kid—](??) before they even finished what they will say, i delivered a strong kick at their abdomen, rendering them useless since i actually did a liver kick....that should hurt so bad since they were clutching at that area. Using this chance i then jump to the roof and escape the scene.

Recently the frequency of thugs have dwindled...it was caused by me since some actually really ticked me off. I didn't kill them, i only made them unconscious and hand them at the guards office near the guild.

[Right...i forgot about the bladed weapons..] i mean there should be some that are gathering dust at my inventory, i totally forgot about it since i was preoccupied about the events during the previous weeks.

I can't blame myself for it now, so all i can do is do what i have forgotten. No person is born perfect after all—

Now then...i should descend anytime now since standing at the roofs of the buildings here is not good since you would attract attention.

The thugs that have collapsed on the alley were now captured by the knights that are patrolling on the streets since i called for them. They already knew my face well...

[I wonder, are you a living magnet of unfortunate events?](??)

The knight close to me suddenly asked that.....

[Huh?]

I then got myself a reward of 50 gold coins, the thugs have a descend bounty on them if caught alive. Well, i now have a good fortune with me...and i will spend it wisely. No money is no life, bear that in mind myself.

Safe to say, there were no witnesses as to how i climbed nor how i got down since the Cloak ability was active. Somehow...few of my skills can be used for bad things, in which i will not do.

Cloak for not being detected, grappling hook to climb on further places, holo-pilot to set a decoy of myself and few more troublesome abilities that if i abuse, would make me a very nasty and bad person. Though honestly, if i were to become a thief, i would like to be that Lupin guy.

[..........now what do i do?] i am now currently sitting at the bench back at the riverside near the city, the one where you can see the Sakura Trees on their full bloom.

Even though i went here to have a piece of mind, it turns out that i was not okay with not working for several weeks. The view didn't do anything at all.

[Umm......] (??) it was the same girl before, the one who sold me a bouquet of rose and daisy.

[What is it?] asking her with my most polite voice, she mustered up her courage to tell me something. Now...what is it this time?

[Umm...](??) the current little miss red riding hood was now gathering what in the world thoughts inside her head as she slowly tries to lift her head to me.

[Can....can you please.....can you please save my brother?!!](??)

.............eh? Come again?