Chapter 65

Author here

This story will be put to rest for now, I mean I shall work on the other one to continue that.

I am sorry that chapters were delayed in publishing since author has to attend school...and yeah, seems like I'll be entering college 2 months from now. I hope I can still work on the stories I have made even if I am already at that level of education, also hoping that the readers would vote this and that story as well.

Anyway, that is for now, maybe things will change in the future...i think?

-Author
==========================

Jack here

Umm...when speaking of escorts...that should be like the work of a bodyguard right?

Speaking of escorts, all of what I know is just going with the person and protecting them. Sort of that escort mission from a certain FPS game.

=========================
[What the heck?] When I woke up at dawn, something feels off outside the hotel.

[Zzzzzz—dragon sandwich....] (Lushea) Nope...bet it was this which I was anxious about...but apparently it is not.

I pulled the curtain to the side as I peeked at the window. And there....

I saw a black carriage designed with red and gold  engravings, the horse looks quite beefed up and so does the people around. All of the pedestrians moving at the street seems suspicious.

[Did something happened?]

[No...considering it is her, this is what she did last time I went here] (Minerveta) For a sec I was surprised how she got in...but I saw Anne holding the doorknob at the doorway which was deformed due to her inhuman gripping strength.

[Her? Your friend?] I tied the curtain so that light would enter the room.

[Yes...and trust me...that person always treat me too much as a VIP] (Minerveta) A friend that treats her somehow like a VIP? That's new to me.

I didn't pushed the topic as I went to see the girls...yeap. I put back Rynia's blanket which was tossed over...I saw her fair skin under that...damn.

As for Cascadia...she was hugging Lushea as she sleep comfortably. The fairy in question was drooling as she still dreams and Rynia...was on the floor but was wrapped in blanket...she sure is one untidy sleeper.

I waited for the girls to wake up, but before that I was monitoring the situation of the island base in which all survey teams for land and air have finally completed it. The island has a total area of 30,089 m2...., has an active volcano, there is also a lake, 3 waterfalls, and some mineral deposits. The survey team 1 from the land unit has discovered a site for potential iron ore since there were iron oxide mixed in the soil around there.

The air units also discovered one thing and that is there is another world tree growing at the heart of the forest in that island. World Tree huh...gives me nostalgia since I've saw it once during the trip to the fairy kingdom.

For the record, the World Tree the survey teams have discovered is actually only about half the size of the one back at the fairy kingdom... this world tree is responsible for recycling, remaking, and absorption of excess mana at the world...

[When i went to find copper...i found gold instead]

[Huh?] (Minerveta)

[Ah no, never mind me. So when are we going to go?]

[About 2 hours or so] (Minerveta) For the meanwhile, she asked about the base I have created...i told her some truth...."some" truth. I didn't told her that there was a world tree there.

=========================
[Magic craftsman-dono! Welcome back to Runoa Empire!] (????) I was shocked not due to the sudden outside, but because when we got out of the hotel...what greeted us were lines of servants from maids to butlers...and to knights.

[Magic craftsman? I guess you're quite a big shot aren't you?]

[....Ugh....I wish they'd stop with this extravagant greeting and welcome] (Minerveta)

[Mother, there's the carriage] (Anne) The black carriage earlier which was designed with gold and red was approaching our direction...manning that...was another automata.

[Greetings sister, mother] (??) It was an automata with red hair and blue eyes...hmm???

[I am back Apache] (Minerveta) Isn't that...

[Hey why did you name her after an attack helicopter?] I whispered at her ears as we walked towards the opened part of the carriage.

[I am bad with names, coincidentally she liked it in the first place so there was no issue] (Minerveta) At least this is better than a certain owner of a certain car company and space exploration program who named his son after a star...I am grateful that mom was not like that person, thank god for that!!!

Assisted by Anne, we were able to get in quickly...the last one to enter was Onette holding the dozing Lushea on her arms...the fairy gal didn't woke up after I fed her the dragon sandwich last night. Cascadia on the other hand was reading a book titled "Guide in the best restaurants here in Runoa Empire".

[Shall we go?] (Apache) She peeked at the front sliding window, Ellie then nodded indicating that she affirmed.

The reigns then was shook, making the horses to start moving. I looked beside us and saw the servants and knights to follow us....

What the heck?!!!! This is too embarrassing to be honest!!! Ellie who was peeking at the window was turning red every time she looked outside.

[That woman.....I really hate this side of her] (Minerveta) That woman? Her acquaintance must be a noblewoman then.

[Speaking of acquaintance, who is this person you're talking about?] I am just curious...but as they say curiosity kills the cat.

[Oh...that friend of mine is just the empress of this empire] (Minerveta) I see......an empress....

[The empress?!!!!]
==========================
That was quite a bomb to be honest. Rynia and me became stiff as we heard that phrase over and over again in our minds.

[Hey Rynia, since you're from here. What is your opinion about the empress?] I asked another person who was from here.

[You mean the ruler...apparently she would always come to the academy tournament every time and I was only able to catch a clear glimpse of her alluring beauty] (Rynia)

[You're implying that she's too beautiful?]

[Well yes, but because of that she is also quite a dangerous figure in the underworld society. I heard of it once before that she is known to have connections and many people to work in the shadows. She is also nicknamed "The Red fox"] (Rynia) I do not think about that at all, I mean I trashed her intelligence units about some days ago...and those guys should have gone back already.

Ellie's friend sure is one heck of a person. The greatest friend I've got back then was just that introverted guy back at my office. He taught me how the world revolved around dirty things and how being an introvert is a solution. I am just thankful I haven't took the path he had taken.

[Moving on with the conversation, that person is my friend or accurately became my friend about 4 years ago] (Minerveta)

[Heee—that is nice nee—] (Lushea)

[Yeah and also I was invited to be this empire's royal Magic craftsman...fancy isn't it? That was the reason why I was able to create these girls] (Minerveta) Like a mother, she looked warmly at her creations (daughters)...sure it is weird if I put it in my POV, but that is how she sees them....

I have so many to give a comment...but I refrained. For now I need to brace myself in meeting with that Empress/ Ellie's friend. I wonder what kind of person she is?