Chapter 2

The path to Miruzo City is....still very long. 140 km is still very far....my legs are strange. Maybe my walking speed increased due to the AGILITY stat? Perhaps...

I have walked about no let's say i have been running for almost 61 km since morning after the travel towards the river which was about 50 km as well...and i was still not exhausted though my mind is. Earth's physics may not be the same here, maybe the gravity is different?

It's already 5:45 pm and the sun is already setting and the darkness is starting to spread across the horizon, moreover monsters are now beginning to become active.

[I should secure a place to sleep]

Somehow I'm afraid that sleeping in an open area is dangerous...should i try sleeping at a tall tree....i can use the grappling hook to climb or the belt thrusters to reach farther places.

I tried it..

[[Grappling Hook]..........uoooohhh!!!!]

Suddenly springing from my right arm, a cord with a grappler on its tip shot out and grabbed a nearby tree branch, pulling me unto it. Though it was sudden, i was able to secure a footing over the branch and it's sturdy actually.

[This should do right?]

Trying to lie on the branch, i was able to. Though it's hard but at least I'm secured up here no monsters nor people shall sense me here.

Opening inventory, i took out some fruits and ate it quickly to avoid nearby individuals to sense me up here.

I wonder should i deploy a plasma drone and have it patrol the area....let's try it.

Opening inventory, i took out a disk arranged plasma drone. It was still on storage and transport mode so i pressed the button below the camera.

*Pika...* (Button clicking sfx?)
*Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

The hover engine started but it was only vibrating, it then popped itself into its combat mode by flipping its body and arranging the camera part and its weapon.

[Wow....never did imagine myself controlling one of this things...so how do i.....there's actually a controller provided]

There was controller screen on its side so I detached that and took it near me. It's similar to a certain game console but with a bigger screen and various controls.

[There's forward, side ward, backward, descend and ascend buttons. Then there's also a firing button and a self destruct......as if it's decided that if caught you can just remotely destroy it to avoid evidence or proof.......] Self-destruct-inator...

Removing the unnecessary thoughts, i then controlled the drone and ascended it to 20 m up in the air, it activated night vision automatically and there's also a thermal vision option.

[Wow....the depth and clarity of the real-time video being projected is so clear....there's also a rangefinder?!]

My feeling right now is the same as that of a child getting his favorite toy or being gifted with a puppy or kitten.

Pressing the ascend button, it reached an altitude of about 20 m up in the air, there was no sound produced since its turbine propeller is wonderfully designed to minimize noise.

Now, on the control screen there is a night vision mode and thermal imaging mode, then there's also a crosshair for sights. The rangefinder is beside the crosshair and it can indicate a target at least 1 km away.

[Sweet, so let's have it scout the area]

Moving along with the controls, i had it kill a sleeping boar and 5 goblins.....yeah those green skinned ugly bastards with the same height of a 6th grader.