Chapter 80

Jack here

Whatever happens happens, is what my father used to say. However...what if I am put on a situation wherein I slept in a woman's bed and she is beside me?

Is that still in the "what happens happens" scheme?
==============================
[Huh?]

Dazed by this sight, I found myself standing in this vast white space all by myself.

I woke up at this, but I have no recollection of going here...strange.

[Hello?!!!!!]

....it was silent here. My voice dissipated and did not echo back to me. It was such a sight and event, and I think...

[Am I dead?!!!!!] I touched my body and strangely...it does not feel like living.

[Idiot, you aren't dead] (??)

[?!] Who?! I turned around and saw the person.

An old dandy bearded dude was sitting near a round table together with a blonde loli and a muscled man who had a brown hair which was in a flashy hairstyle.

[Uh....]

[Oh how silly of us to forget introductions. I am one of the pillar gods of this world, my name is Io, the god of light] (Io) The old man is Io, pronounced as Ayo.

[Jill] (Jill) the Lolita is named Jill...It seems I know the pun with it. Also, it seems she was the one who dissed at me once I panicked for a bit.

[The name is Ardi, nice to meet you youngun'! Ahahahahahaha] (Ardi) The man named Ardi seems to be a standard middle aged man who is free-spirited. His hairstyle is too stylish...he looked like some card game anime antagonist.

[Uh...I am Jack Cooper. It is nice to meet you, but it may be self-imposing for me to ask...but where is this?]

[Ah...right. But how about having a sit with us here first?] (Io)
==============================
*Cup filling with tea sfx*
[Oh...it is fragrant. Jasmine tea?] The color was light brown but the scent was familiar, it was one of mum's favorite tea which she would buy in bulk.

[Yes, do you like it? We have crackers here as well so you may as well get some] (Io)

[Ah then, don't mind if I do] i took 3 crackers from the plate in the middle of the round table and so...the talk started.

[So what do you want to ask young man? I bet you have tons to ask to us] (Io) Jill nodded, Ardi too nodded.

[Then let me start with this...were you the ones who have summoned me here at this world?] The smell of tea calmed my panicked mind, tea sure is effective as a calming substance.

[As for that, we are related however it is different] (Io)

[The reason why you got into this world was because of a failed hero summoning] (Ardi)

Ha? A hero summoning? Moreover failed? Is this that kind of scenario?

[Talking about heroes, does that mean this world is on peril?] The sound of crackers being chewed was the ambience within this conversation.

[Yes, this world indeed is on peril. Coincidently their aim is same with you...to put a halt to that infamous group. However the demon lords this time is also related] (Jill) The lolli goddess then summoned out a chart as well as a whiteboard and the others proceeded to do a briefing about the scenario.

[You see, the demon lords have been summoned for another reason. The Black Vipers have found a way to awaken them as they would kidnap demonkind within their land and transform them into...you know what it is] (Io) Hori Shet.......