Chapter 94

Cross here.

You ever know that feeling when you walk in a room and forget why you're there in the first place?
...
Yeah, that's pretty much what I feel like all the time. That or existential dread. Anyway, toodles!

====================

[Hmm? What's that? A...Car?] (??) A person wearing a snow camouflage uniform focuses the optic lenses of the binoculars he was holding and sees an off-roader vehicle going towards the north.

[Man, did the higher ups send some logistics?] (??) Says one as he looks over at the map chart he was holding. An X mark can be seen about 500 m north.

[Who knows? But there's no organization logo..., it seems to be new, it may be a new model] (??) Their weapons were hidden in the snow near them.

[Might also not be one of ours... Wouldn't be the first time we got thrown into an isekai world.] (??)
Such a conversation circled within the five scouts that were stationed at ?? City.

However, foolish as they were, they did not noticed that their number one enemy is just sitting inside that moving vehicle in a lax manner
====
Thank god!!!!

We safely reached Icopolis City without any problem whatsoever. Though that itself does pose quite the mystery...just what were those scouts doing?

[Is it just me or that I am going paranoid because we reached this place without a hitch?] I stopped the GREMLIN within what seems to be a parking area for carriages within the city.

The MRVN then tossed 5 plasma drones and had them scout the location.

[Hmm? But at least we arrived here...but my butt hurts] (Rynia) She opened the door and got out first. Ciel and Sommia then followed.

[That sounds like a "you" problem. I had a very comfortable pillow to sit on... for a while. That and I'm already used to long car rides.] (Cross)

[Zzzzzzz~] (Lushea) Is she a fly? To be dozing in such a cold place.

[Well...in a sense, this one is the same] I poked her cheeks...yet she did not even wake up and just nudged even more inside my cloak.

[Okay, we'll do a stop over at this place. It seems we can search for clues here] when everyone finished going out of Gremlin, I then stored it at INVENTORY...keeping it safe from carnappers...if there is even one.

[Surrealistic as always] (Cascadia) What she was hugging was a fox boy...of course it was Cross.

[Say what you want, but keep yourself sharp and alert at all times. We're in unfamiliar ground. I'll be the one at the rear, Ciel in front, Rynia behind Ciel, Cascadia and Sommia in the middle, and the MRVN... you're with me] I tossed a shotgun at the MRVN...if it can squeeze the trigger them why not?

I just remembered this...I have my skills based on the TITANFALL game....yet MRVNs there doesn't pose a threat....this will be hard. This isn't APEX legends sh*t or the like. But who cares! It can squeeze the trigger!!!

[Anyway, Ciel, take this] I tossed an extra Re-45 automatic pistol at her.

[Nice metal we got here, I'll cherish it with my life] (Ciel)

[Hey now, you are more important than that. So at least keep yourself safe with that just in case] Sheesh...this gynoid.

I pulled the charging handle of the D-101 Longbow DMR and began to slowly move through the alley.

[Boy...you might wanna give us info about the guys we're about to face]

[Target the guys with red visors. After that the green ones. They're high priority targets.] (Cross)