Chapter 86

At the small forest near Runoa Empire...

[What is this?!!!!] (The girls) Lushea, Cascadia, Rynia, and Ciel all shouted when a goblin drop ship appeared in the forest where I had taken them.

[We'll be riding this to go to Traumerei Kingdom and to do a mission. That is to investigate the cause of this early winter and to deal with it if possible]

[What?!!!!] (The girls) Well...that is a normal reaction.
==============================
Jack here

A mission to do something is somehow making me excited. I can feel my bones tingling in joy as if playing the usual FPS campaign mission. Ouhhh!!!!!

This is what I felt when I first played TitanFall 2 that had the single player campaign missions.
==============================
I already briefed them that there is an issue up to the north and that this weather seems very artificial...but I kind of forgot to tell them to prepare.

[What is this vehicle?!!! We're flying!!!] (Rynia) Her eyes have stars in them as she inspected the drop ship as it soars the airspace within Runoa Empire's territory. She digressed back into a kid....

[....] Of course I held back in making a snide remark since it is not Lushea who was excited with such first time experience.

[?_?] (Pilot MRVN) I was at the back of the pilot seat within the cockpit area as I saw their individual reactions. Even the MRVN who was manning the drop ship was confused of their reactions.

However even if Rynia is excited and happy with her first time flying in the skies, Cascadia isn't. I mean...

[You look awful] (Lushea) She snatched my word.

[We won't crash to the ground right?!!!] (Cascadia)

Erm....so she's bad with riding any flying vehicle? Were there even other flying vehicles other than those magical flying ships of High Marten?

I bet this is her first time flying, however she's planted on the seat with a pale face to couple it.

Ciel had the same reaction with Rynia..........totally killing her character costume...

[We are so high in the sky~] (Ciel)

[Look at that!] (Rynia)

[Is that Franzen forest?] (Rynia)

[Yes,  the forest below that you can see is indeed Franzen Forest] We have already passed by the last of the cities and villages of the Runoa Empire. Franzen forest after all differs from the forest within Runoa Empire wince this is the only forest where large conifers such as the common pine tree and the sturdy pine tree exist. By the way only these trees are alive at this moment. Their temperature tolerance increased by -45*C...which makes them super trees at this point.

Since we have now entered the airspace above Franzen Forest, that means we are now near the entry for Traumerei Kingdom. But looking at this forest.....the snow has already piled until it almost buried the tall trees here.

[Jack! Look! Smoke head!] (Lushea)

She saw the smoke despite the strong snow storm occurring right now? The visibility is very low however using the GPS and the assistance of the Spaceship "Honor", we are moving without any worry.

[Land it on that open space] There was a spot where a lake used to be however the early winter came and froze it, thus making this wide open area where the goblin drop ship can land safely.

[(╹◡╹)b] (Pilot MRVN)

The jet thrusters then turned into VTOL mode and slowly descended while hovering above the thick snow...the landing gears then touched the snow and we successfully touched the ground...or snow in this case?

[So cold!] (Lushea) The cargo door opened causing a strong cold draft to penetrate inside the vehicle.

Lushea's who's a fairy immediately sunk into Ciel's ample bosom and hid there. Now that is new to me.

[Master the temperature is below what a fairy can handle] (Ciel) Oh...as expected. After all the temperature this time have increased to -39*C...too extreme in this case.

However I am safe since the suit had a temperature regulator in it. Also magic is applied to me, that is the <<WARMING>> spell under the fire magic. Cascadia though is just casually going out with her jacket...is the deep sea really that cold? She's a mermaid after all, so she must have some tolerance for it.

[Okay then it is decided, Cascadia and I are going to go to the site where a smoke trail is found. You three shall stay here and guard the drop ship along with the MRVN]

[Em ar Be en?] (Lushea)

[Just call him Marvin, it will respond with that name]

[Oh! Then nice to meet you Marvin-san] (Lushea)

The MRVN at the pilot seat then turned back to us...

[(╹◡╹)b] (Pilot MRVN) and gave a thumbs up

I guess I can leave them with a peace of mind now.

[Let is go and do this hastily]

[Uhn!] (Cascadia) Equipping the D-101 Longbow DMR I then set out into the snowy forest with Cascadia who had a spear in hand.
==============================
Actually...I know what place is producing the smoke trail.

[Unit Leader] (Snow Ranger 1)

The place was a small log cabin with heating elements at the wall as well as a chimney that is currently producing the smoke.

[So you know?] (Cascadia)

[Yeah kind of, but we need to bring the girl back to her place for she is also going to be our guide]

[Girl?] (Cascadia) I nodded at the Stalker who opened the door and entered the cabin, Cascadia followed.

They have properly maintained this place since 5 MRVNs are also deployed here to assist them.

Since I can see where the girl is at, I then head to the room and knock on the door.

*Kon Kon Kon*

[I am the leader of the ones that rescued you, can I come in?]

[Ah! Yesh! Wait for a bit!] (??) She stuttered, I guess that was normal too. Staying here for a month along with individuals that rarely talk and then one day a person decided to call upon you...wouldn't that be surprising?

*Kiiii—*

[Erm...] (??) The girl has ivory white hair, a pair of blue eyes, and a fair skin and pretty face to begin with...

[We didn't come to harm you, we are the ones tasked to return you to your place in the north as well as being our guide there. But...we need to have a thorough discussion on why you went here and what is your purpose]
==============================
[Ah! There they are!] (Rynia) 10 silhouettes were visible within the snow fall, among those were Jack and Cascadia.

But on Jack's back is a girl and escorting them are 6 Snow Rangers designated in this area.
——
[We got our guide] I put the girl on the cargo door and she somehow tripped.

The Snow Rangers who escorted us then secured the perimeter of the drop ship.

[She's shy though] (Cascadia) going i side casually is the blue haired mermaid (currently in human form). Cascadia is a bit angry, well not at me but from what she had heard earlier.

[But we have heard from her that it seems no BVO is related. Their kingdom seems to have awoken an ancient divine beast controlling this weather...and it has gone out of hand] She does not know what the Black Vipers Organization is, however judging from her words earlier back at the cabin when we asked her, the ancient beast "Hekkantokeheires" got freed from its icy cage deep within the arctic regions up north.

And the influence of the beast has overpowered the Yuki-Onnas thus worsening the situation