Chapter 9

[*Blublublub—*](??) the goo then rushes to me quickly as i distanced my self from it.

[Are slimes this fast?!!]

*Pratatatatatatatata!!!*

Barraging it with energy bullets from the L-Star, i then kicked it but hey! It was not enough to simply damage this thing. I then felt that the Goo's attack have something special to it as the hem of my leather pants started to sizzle and produce smoke.

*Sizzle-!*

Yep, there is and it is caustic ooze. As something black drips from it, the floor sizzled .....it is corrosive. I am just glad that i had that resistance skill to protect me from those effects. Thank god for that.

[How about this?!] snatching the thermite grenade's pin, i then threw it to the Goo's position, igniting it as it made contact with what i threw.

Yeah burn baby! Burn! but....

Here comes the problem...the goo was burning but the damage it took seems to be not sustaining since it was useless, that also means that wherever it go, fire would also trail it.

[*Cough-!* i never learned!] the air suddenly became heavy as the oxygen inside room become thinner and the carbon dioxide gets thicker. Shoot! I need to stop this guy from moving.

Throwing 2 arc stars at it suddenly halts it motion, indicating that the slight paralysis came to effect. I then shoot it indefinitely while trying to locate its weakness.

[How hard to kill is this guy?!]

I have been attacking it for 20 minutes, yet the Goo didn't show any signs of its life ceasing yet. This guy should have at least a weakness. Like one or two...but what is it?!

The Goo can mitigate physical damage and magical damage...but that's only on fire attribute magic. There are other types of attribute magic, but now, i only have the fire which totally sucks.

[Ah! Either way, i should just continue what i am doing—] should it die after an hour or not, that depends on my next move since I planned something about it.

I noticed that there are pools of water found in the area, but the Goo does not move to that area....which means it is hydrophobic? I thought slimes love water? But i guess not all huh.....

[Here—! come get me!] i tried taunting it, but slimes have no eyes, so i totally looked like an idiot as of now. But they are sensitive to hearing, so that should give its full attention on me....and it did!

The slime sensed my presence and rushed towards me, i tried dodging it and it was pretty easy. The Goo would attack in a linear path which is easy to dodge add up with the fact that it had no eyes at all. Due to the fact that it had no sense of sight, i used that as an advantage.

There were no obstacles at the room, so there are no places for me cling on. That should not be the case since i had the grappling hook to cling at the walls and on the ceiling.

Immediately jumping high, i then activated the belt thrusters and jumped a total of 10 meters high. Using the grappling hook, i then attached on to the ceiling nicely. The slime became perplexed as i was now not on the ground. It became erratic as it searched for my presence around the area.

With this, i can buy time to think and observe its potential weakness. The Goo didn't step on the water, yeah, that's the only one that i found....this is hard, I can't even locate its nucleus, why did i have to encounter such damage resistant monster? Hmm.......................should i try grappling it?........

Carefully landing on the floor, i then activate CLOAK and closed the distance towards the pool of water. I then snapped my fingers, allowing the Goo to sense me. It then rushed towards me...and... then i grappled on it and proceed to throw it towards the pool of water.

[*blublublublublub!!!!!*](??) it showed a clear indication of being harmed in water. It squirms and quickly gets out of the pond, seemingly it seemed to have partially melted...........hoooo— so that's how it is huh.......heheheheheh.....hahahahaha. How is that!

[Hahahahahaha let's drag you to the pond again!]

*Splash—!*

______________________
{Defeated Goo}
{Leveled up"50–>60}
{Title earned"Persistent F•cker"}

*huff—huff—*

That was a bit intense... i never thought that the Goo would still fight back after being melted by the water, but anyway...i already killed it and a special monster core was its drop.

Monster Core of Corrosion
-user is able to deal a corrosive attack that ignores armor and defense of the said target
-shaves the target's life upon dealt
-can be removed by washing in water

Sweet, that's a first for me. I never thought that my first sub-boss fight would give me a such a good loot.

Storing it at my inventory, i then checked my self if there are sustained damage......no there's none. Okay!

[I should learn other magic attributes...*sigh~* having only one attribute is quite dangerous especially if the enemy is resistant to fire magic....]

As i finished lamenting unto some few problems, i then proceed to inspect the room, and there i found a magic circle on the floor near the entrance.

[Huh? What's this for?]

It was a complex looking magic circle, somehow like some drawing of a bunch of circles together with lines, and some weird characters. Basically, I don't know whatever the heck is this, i only ignored it and proceed to rest at the sub-boss room and ate some fruits i found back at the forest on the surface.

[What do i do with this?] on my hand was the blackish blue colored monster core from the Goo. It was beautiful to say at least.

Mostly, this would sell a great price, but considering its extra benefits that i saw using appraisal, it is a waste to sell it. But how do i use this one? Attach it on a weapon? Grind it and apply it together with some solution and apply to the weapon like some paint? Or fusing it with the weapon using a skill? Honestly, i am deep on thought regarding what to do with this.

[Why am i getting worked up with this anyway?!] standing up quickly, i then cleaned my butt and proceed to the 6th floor using the same old same very long flight of ascending stairs.....*sigh~* i wonder....is there a dungeon with an elevator on it? If there was, i will gladly go there and grind there exclusively.

But as they say, the more you complain the less you can do about it, i just put hold on my complaints for now and proceed to my destination. But during this time, it was already smooth since i am grappling and jumping around like some rabid idiot on drugs jumping around like a broken rabbit.

[Honestly I'm too happy that there were no other people at this location, if they were to see me....] i would be treated as some mentally ill person, so i should only do this if i think i am only alone in the area.