Chapter 74

Jack here

Doing subterfuge is really exhausting. I have to take so many things into consideration, hence I concluded...being a person of secrets...making myself as a spy is totally out of thought. In short, I probably hate it cause I am lazy.
==============================
Not Jack's POV.
Someone within the BVO's premises POV

[Mwahahahahahahaha! Feast your eyes unto the device that shall be the key to our success my brothers and sisters! This shall end the world in a matter if minutes, the world we are in now which is corrupted and ruined shall be reborn in the palm of our hands. That is why we shall sacrifice our lives for the greater cause!] (??)

[Ouuuhhhhh!!!!!!!!] (????) Everyone was cheering for their "noble" cause for world destruction.

Drugs and other narcotics that were packed are found within the basement. They have many means of acquiring funds for their activities. That also includes slaves that were just dumped within the corner.

Lifeless eyes, albeit still breathing, the women and girls were already at the brink of death due to being r*ped and have been starving for weeks. They were neglected, only to get used to deal with the urges of the men and the harsh torture of the women members of the organization.

Among them however was a little fox girl, her four limbs are chained and she was hanging...her hope of being rescued is already slim.

[Nee-chan.......help....me] (??) No tear would come out of her eyes for she was dehydrated. It only needs matter of hours for her death to be certain.

She was malnourished for it had been months since she along with the other slaves got captured in this hell.

She, she was just living her normal daily life within a forest community when a bandit raid plucked her village along with her. The sister whom she always adore was taken, however she was separated and she have never saw her once again.

The little fox girl cried so much that the female members of the BVO would have her first on the line...for torture.

Luckily, all she got were scratches and some shallow wounds which seems to be slow to get healed.

She...she thought she should just die...when all of a sudden...

*iiiiinnngggggg—*
*Gigigigigigiiii—*

The rusty hinges of the hell room where she was...slowly opened. Her lifeless eyes moved towards the origin of the sound, but she saw none. There was not a presence of a single person there or within the hallway the room was in.

However, her eyes moved towards near the floor of the hallway just in front of her room....a lifeless body of the guard was there...blood was flowing out of his head...

And she felt it, someone was truly here.

[Hel—] (??)All of a sudden, a hand covered her mouth, stopping her unnecessary call for help.

[Shhh—Be quiet. They are just nearby, your voice for help may call for suspicion] (??) A whisper arrived at her ear, it was a gentle manly voice that brought back her senses.

It sounds like...she was safe near him...

[Your sister shall be coming here to get you along with the others. However as for me...I shall be the one to deal with those bastards at the main area. So...little girl...please be a good girl and stay silent for now. Your silence shall help you] (??)

The voice slowly faded as she felt the presence of the person left to the door.

[.......did the gods finally heard me?] (??) Hope filled her lifeless eyes. That was when she knew, that they shall be rescued and that was a fact that shall stay within the rest of her life.
==============================
Jack's POV
Sh*t...those people who got enslaved looked awful there for a sec. I even found some foxtrot people who were probably the ones that Tundra and her group are aiming to get back.

This is pitiful, my blood is rushing to my head as it boils for anger........

[Damn f*ckers and your sh*tty cause] I slit a guard's neck with the dagger one after another, however I cannot help it but behead the last guard due to the anger reaching a non-tolerable level.

[Fuuuuh—I guess there really is no more reason to hesitate in the killing later on] I reloaded another magazine for the smart pistol and then holstered it back.

Damn the feels of this dreary place is getting into me. I am also starting to get used to the smell of blood due to the aftermath of some kills.

I cannot help but swallow my anger back or else I will be endangering the lives of the to be rescued within here.

[Next, I need fo secure the area for possible escape routes] I have deployed a total of 50 TICKS that got camouflage with black paint suitable for this dark environment and have them remain within the passages that are too inconspicuous. I also found out that there were hidden passages that connect from here to the river.

[To defeat the monster, one must become a monster....that is stupid, yet why is it suitable for this situation?] I wonder why though...I still remembered mom teaching me to hit a person if being hit first, but considering that the people I am talking here are all the baddies....hitting them hard is the best action I can do.

[What the?! Gu—] (??)

*Psh!*

Pointing the muzzle of the smart pistol at the head of another BVO member, his last words to call for assistance did not reached the others.

*Baaaammmmm!!!!*

The sound of the basement entrance slamming open echoed within the entire basement.

[Huh...so they have decided to do a force raid? I guess I need to be quick] My goal here is to secure the ark by approaching it...but....the Ark is at the 2nd basement.

I have also saw countless red markers within the floor below.

[Golems huh.......] I took out my golem countermeasure weapon. The R-6P AAGL, the bane of all mechs within the parabolic firing range. I also took out 10 gravity stars and have them ready for later.

[I guess it has now come to this]

{Pilot, detecting a rise in energy level within the "Ark-like" object. Caution is advised} (Ronin) Ronin's energy sensor have detected the ark's energy level increase.

Welp, it seems time is now ticking, I need to act fast...or else...

This world will be gone today