Chapter 54

Author here!

I will take a one month break to start the other resuming story, anyway the thing is School is busy starting next week so...yeah...

Hoping that you would consider my (probably) late chapter uploads

-Author
==========================
Cascadia here?

I am a mermaid...and umm....what do I write in this journal?

[Uwahhh!!!] The journal's page got wet!!!!

Ugh...I need to dry it to the sun...but...I was not even able to write anything
==========================

First...I did not expect that...the two would have a good synergy with each other.

[Ehehehehe, is that so. We have been for...] (Lushea) The one talking with Cascadia is my fairy companion....

(Author: btw this picture is the closest one that portrays the gluttonous fairy-chan Lushea

(Author: btw this picture is the closest one that portrays the gluttonous fairy-chan Lushea. Photo is not mine)

[Is that so? All my life I am only at the sea shrine] (Cascadia) Her name is Cascadia Azure....quite a sea-ish name.

Well jokes aside, they actually do well. Seeing the two talk also made the sailors around smile. I guess cute things do make rowdy men chill down. By the way I am a supremacist for the "yes Lolita! No touch!" motto.

In truth, Cascadia is also a loli.........

[Why do you look so unwell?] (??) A nearby sailor with a beard and was biting on his pipe asks me.

[Hmm? It seems that my life is really not going so well] Let me enumerate the people that were lolis:
-Lushea
-Cascadia
-owner of the bath house (trap loli shota)
-Minerveta/Ellie
-Anne

........what do I do?! I am only surrounded by lolis!!!!! Will I get jailed for being branded as a pedophile?!

I can't help but head butt the wooden floor as I think of all the possible scenarios.

[Hey!] (??) The sailor beside me stopped my actions.

Well indeed that was a but a shameful scene so I really stopped...but what do I do with the crisis?!! The loli crisis!

[I think I may need to take a bit of rest] I walked unsteadily towards the crew quarters which I have stayed along with Lushea. And...it seems that Cascadia will now join the room....

Haa—h I'll just sleep for now, this will probably clear up once I woke up.
==========================
[J...k!] (??)

[Hey!!!] (???

For some reason...someone is nagging my body back and forth. How annoying~

[Jack-san!] (Lushea)

[What?] I rub my sleepy eyes...her figure became clear. Cascadia is also beside her...and she had legs.

[Uwaahhh!!!!! Did you cut your tail off?!!] This is bad! So bad!!.......huh? Legs?

[Ehehe do not worry human man, I just used a type of morphing magic which is only special to mermaids. An ability that allows us to morph our tails into bipedal human legs] (Cascadia) Great...now she looked like a half naked loli. Damn....the only thing that covered her naked upper body is her long hair.

[Here wear these for the meantime, I'll be in deep sh•t if others saw you like that] What I hand to her was Ellie's shorts. In the first place why do I have her shorts? I guess...for personal *cough2x* reasons.

[Hmm? This will do] (Cascadia) By the way...This mermaid may look like a small girl but her actual real age is already 75.

I checked the situation down below the waters and it seems that all is fine. The Stalkers are not sending any notification messages so things may have been peaceful for now.

[What?] I felt Lushea's grasp on my shirt...and saw her making an eating gesture.

[Food?] (Lushea)

[Ah damn it, here—] I gave her some dried Kraken strips which is just shoved at her mouth. I remembered that back at Earth there was a dried squid at somewhere in Southeast Asia...and it was very pungent.

The sonar of Slayer 1 is currently beeping as it scanned the ocean's deep waters.

The fact that the aquatic knowledge of this world is so low makes me so sad. If I were to say this myself, it feels like only .05 % is discovered here.

[Let us go to the deck, the captain may have something for us]

[Umu] (Cascadia and Lushea)

The weather today is sunny, the wind is right...and the captain is...

[Where is she?]

[Erm...the captain is at the cargo sector. So the ship is currently being manned by the assistant captain] (??) And when I looked as to who it was...it's the parrot.

[It is not a joke right?]

[Squaak—?] (??)

[Erm...Putis-sama is actually an intelligent being and is capable of actually manning the ship] (??)

[Squaakk—] (Putis) The parrot...ha? It can man the ship? This is new sh•t to me.

[Crackers?] (Lushea)

[Crackers—] (Putis) Lushea gave the parrot a cracker and it happily pecked at it........so this guy can copy words eh...

I should brace what is normal right? I guess so. Well jokes aside, I need to actually protect the ship from things that the cannons cannot deal with. Example was the Kraken days ago...hmm?? For some reason only the grilled tentacle of it reached my mind....

Oh well, back to work I guess...but what exactly do we do? I mean we are just like some sort of special guards, but that is only for dealing with threats, what about actual labor? I feel like becoming a different person if I don't work...is this the effect of overworking back then?

The girls are just chatting...and everyone is doing the same I guess...maybe I am just paranoid that everything becomes too suspicious if I don't do something or like that.

[It is fine to laze around you know~] (Lushea) said by the fairy on top of Cascadia's head.

To laze huh....so I just have to treat this long long sea trip like some sort of vacation? Hmmm....back then, how many times do I get to have vacations per year?....Ah....I was only and had only been able to get 3 that consisted of a day each...not even enough for a driving trip.

[Haa—h fine, but please tell me if something bad happens]

[Ou—] (Lushea) It seems that this day is quite a slow day too.

So for the meantime...to kill time, I am going to continue in the under water sea/ocean exploration!!! *Cough* but I need not to get too optimistic.

First, it is very hard to do it alone. Next is I also need to hide a bit, and lastly I need to see if Slayer 1 would have any flaws so that I can modify it after each dip in the water.

[And yep....it cannot withstand the pressure beyond 2 km deep. That's the only thing I guess] I worked on it for the past hours...and probably made a 10-15% progress of what I am having in mind.

Well...the next day. We apparently arrived. Yes and we did actually see the coast during sunrise.

We arrived at the Great Empire of Runoa. The rumored place where their Royals are all red heads.