she cheers you up by hugging you after a bad day

Selena jumped at the harsh and sudden slam of the door.

Her head quickly turned to the doorway where you stood, looking down at your feet as you kicked your shoes off and shrugged off your hoodie.

You tried to steady your breathing, tried to forget the day you'd had, but it seemed hard to do when it was all so overwhelming and so terrible.

Selena could sense your sadness without you even having to send her those sad eyes or utter a single word.

She turned off the movie that previously held her interest and stood on her feet before wordlessly walking to you. You lifted your head as she stood in front of you. Neither of you said a word before she pulled you into her arms to give you a hug.

It was a simple thing, but it meant the world to you.

Your arms went around her just as tightly as hers were around you. She ran her hand along your back in circles, laying sweet little kisses to the crown of your head before she closed her eyes laid her head on yours.

"I know you had a bad day. I'm sorry." She whispered softly in your ear. "But I've got you now. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to make it better but if there is, please don't hesitate to tell me. You know how much I love you. I'll do anything you need me to."

For the first time all day, you cracked a smile before letting your cheek fall onto her shoulder. You closed your eyes and basked in the feeling of security that her warm embrace gave you. You always feel safe in her arms. The way she holds you, the way her heart beats with love against your own, gives you a feeling of adoration and comfort that you can't even put into words.

"I just need you." You whispered. "You're already making me feel better by hugging me and holding me so close and so tightly."

"Oh? Well, in that case," she mumbled before tightening her arms around you and beginning to walk backward until she bumped into the sofa. She fell onto it and happily pulled you down with her.

You laughed joyously and it only increased when you felt your back hit the cushions and opened your eyes to see Selena hovering over you. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw the stars in her eyes and the smile on her face.

"Hope there's nothing you needed or wanted to do because I'm not letting you go for a long while."

Your heart only beat faster and raced, even more, when she leaned down to plant little kisses across your face.

Her arms were still wrapped around you. Her grip was tight, but not enough to hurt you; only enough to make you feel safe and warm. Her kisses were soft and sweet as they were trailed along your face and she gave you a little extra love on your cheeks and the corners of your lips.

"Selena?"

She pulled away and stared into your eyes while brushing her thumb over your cheek lovingly.

"I love you. Thank you for cheering me up."

"I love you too. You know that's what I'm here for, angel. But I hope that wasn't your way of saying you're feeling better now and I can let go because I'm still not letting you go."

You looped your arms around her neck and hugged her closer. You pressed your lips onto hers for a sweet kiss before pulling away a few seconds later with a smile as big as hers.

"Never." You whispered. "Don't let me go."

"I won't, baby. I promise."