she sings you to sleep when you're sick

Selena gently laid you down in bed and covered you up with the blanket.

You just got back from the doctors where you got diagnosed with a cold, and a bad one at that. You ended up falling asleep on the way home and she didn't have the heart to wake you, so she just let you sleep and carried you up to the room.

Selena felt your forehead and bit her lip when she realized how warm you were. Your eyes fluttered open and locked with hers. She gave you a small smile and started to run her fingers through your hair.

"You okay, angel?" You yawned and closed your eyes again. You felt too tired to answer her.

Selena hovered over you for a moment before she got up. She planned on going downstairs to make you some soup but you grabbed her wrist weakly when you felt her get up.

"Where are you going?" you mumbled sleepily. "Shh, it's okay. I'm just gonna go downstairs and make you some soup. It's gonna help make you feel better." You shook your head. Your eyelids felt heavy but you fought as hard as you could to keep them open.

"No. Stay here with me. Cuddle me." You stuck your bottom lip out at her and Selena caved in an instant.

She climbed under the covers next to you and wrapped her arm around you. "Can you sing to me?" You asked as you laid your head on her shoulder. Selena started to rub your back and kiss your head - two things she knows comforts you a lot when you're sick or sad.

"Okay. What do you want me to sing?" You couldn't keep your eyes open any longer. You let them shut and mumbled out a simple answer. "Anything. I just wanna hear your voice." Selena blushed a little at that. She kissed your head and started to sing I promise you in your ear, keeping her voice soft and sweet.

Right before you fell asleep you felt her lips touch your warm forehead. "I hope you feel better soon, sunshine," she said and continued to sing to you as you fell asleep in her arms.