she thinks you were in an accident

Selena's heart dropped when she saw the story on the news. Her phone that was in her hand slid to the floor when she recognized where the report was coming from.

There had been an accident on the route you walk home from work every day. Selena could only seem to catch bits and pieces of the story because she felt dizzy just reading it.

A few pedestrians were hurt by a guy trying to escape being chased by the police and they weren't publically releasing names quite yet, making Selena even more anxious.

She didn't grab her keys or anything. Just her phone, which she pressed right back up to her ear as she ran out the front door. Selena has never run so quickly or felt so desperate for someone to answer their phone as she felt then.

The street was surrounded by cops and ambulances. Selena was in a panic as she called out for you.
"Y/n?" She felt a tear fall down her cheek, her vision blurred by even more tears at the reality of the gruesome situation.

"Selena?" She turned around at the sound of your voice. There you stood on the sidewalk with a blanket wrapped around your shoulders and tears in your red eyes.

She carefully ran over to you and pulled you into her arms. "Are you okay? Are you hurt, angel?" She cupped your cheeks, her brown eyes searching for any cuts or bruises on your face and skin.

"No, I'm okay. I almost got hit but I managed to swerve out of the way just in time. But my phone-" "No, shh. Your phone doesn't matter. We'll get you a new one. I just care about you. You're safe now, sunshine. I promise. I've got you." You wrapped your arms around her and rested your head on her chest.

You sniffled and she pressed a few kisses to your head.

"C'mon, let's get you home, okay?" You nodded and let her wrap her arms around you as she walked you to the safety of your house.

She'd take care of anything else that was ruined or damaged, all she cared about was you and the fact that you were safe in her arms.