She can't sleep

You rolled over in bed to cuddle closer to Selena when you were met with a cold sheet instead, making your eyes shoot open and sit up in panic. "Selena?" You jumped out of bed and walked downstairs after searching upstairs and not being able to find her. The living room was dark and quiet, it looked exactly like it did when you both went upstairs for bed a couple hours ago but you saw the kitchen light was on, relief flooding over you when you spotted your girlfriend sitting at the kitchen table with her back facing you as she sipped on some water.

You walked up behind her and wrapped your arms around her making her jump but immediately relax when she recognized it was you. "What are you doing up, angel?" She turned towards you and grabbed you by your hips to pull you onto her lap, a couple kisses were pressed onto your cheek making you smile softly. "You weren't in bed... why weren't you in bed Selena?" She sighed before tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear before she kissed the shell of your ear very gently. "I couldn't sleep. I didn't wanna wake you up by tossing and turning so I figured I'd come down here and drink some water and maybe I'd feel tired or something." "And has it worked?" "No. I'm still not tired." You sighed and buried your face in her neck while breathing in her sweet scent making you relax, so much so that your eyes had fluttered shut and you'd fallen asleep on her lap.
"Y/N? Sunshine, c'mon wake up." "Yeah?" "You fell asleep honey. C'mon let's get you upstairs." She grabbed your hand and pulled you upstairs as you tried not to fall asleep right then and there.

Once you crawled back under the blankets your eyes were closing against your will once again. They felt so heavy you couldn't open them. You grabbed Selena's wrist making her smile and look back at your half asleep figure. "Sel.. don't leave. Please stay up here." She nodded her head and kissed your forehead before joining you under the blankets and pulling you closer to her. You sighed in contentment as you began to drift off to sleep again while wrapped in your girlfriends arms. Selena yawned and realized that she felt more relaxed and tired than before. She heard the light snores escaping your mouth making her chuckle and kiss your forehead before she closed her eyes and joined you in dreamland.

That night she knew that she didn't need anything else to fall asleep except you in her arms. Her heart felt like it could explode out of her chest when she realized just how deeply in love with you she was and she wouldn't change it for the world.