agoraphobia; fear of crowds

You looked out the tinted window of the van you and Selena were in. She's got a few interviews today and there had to be hundreds of fans waiting outside this particular studio, waiting for Selena.

You've been dating Selena for a few months now and even though you're getting used to this aspect of her life, you can't shake off how anxiety-ridden you always become when it comes to crowds. You've never been good with crowds and your fear has only grown since you've gotten with Selena.

You felt her squeeze your hand making you turn your head towards her. "Y/n, it's all gonna be okay. I'm gonna be with you the whole time, I promise." Before you could do or say anything, the door was sliding open followed by loud screams and shouts of your girlfriend's name.

She got out first and she held her hand out for you, immediately grasping it tightly and reassuringly as you climbed out. "Just focus on me, I've got you. I won't let go." She promised and security started to escort you through the crowds, pushing away fans that were becoming a little too excited.

You tried to keep your head down and stay calm but the further you got the louder and stuffier everything became. It felt like you couldn't breathe, like the air from your lungs had vanished and you couldn't seem to get any more in. Your hand was starting to sweat and tremble in Selena's. The walk felt like it was never gonna end, like you'd never reach the building.

But then, a couple of minutes later, you were hit with a burst of cool air as you stepped inside the safe and guarded building. You fell down to your knees and Selena was in front of you right away. "Y/n are you okay?"

You felt her fingers under your chin and lift it up. You locked eyes, her soft brown ones intensely and worryingly gazing into yours. "I-I'm okay..." you mumbled, but your shaky hands and labored breathing said otherwise.

Selena started to rub your arms as you closed your eyes. "That's it, take some deep breaths. You're okay. I'm right here." She kept whispering reassurances to you, her only priority at that time being you and helping you through this anxiety attack.

"I'm sorry about the crowds, angel. I know it's scary but you're always so strong. I'm proud of you." You cracked a small smile as her lips repeatedly touched your cheeks. "Thank you," you whispered as you opened your eyes.

Selena caressed your cheek. "Better?" You nodded and dropped your head on her shoulder. "Love you." You murmured and felt her kiss your head. "Love you too."

You stayed like that for a few more minutes until you felt comfortable enough. Although you hate crowds, knowing Selena was always there with you made it a little easier. You know you couldn't ask for a better girlfriend than her.