she needs a break

She's been sitting on the floor for hours now - writing down lyrics in her notebook only to rip the pages out, crumble them up, and throw them in the trash can. She was clearly frustrated, tugging at her hair every now and then as she'd groan and grumble under her breath.

You've had enough of seeing her like this. You walked up behind her and sat down, putting your hands on her shoulders before kissing both of them softly. "Selena you need a break." She shook her head, the pen in her hands moving quickly across the paper only for her to stop a couple seconds later. "Shit" She groaned, going to rip the piece of paper out from the notebook again until you put your hand on hers. She froze, letting out a heavy sigh before taking a deep breath.

"You're so stressed baby. Why don't you take a little break?" "No. I can't. I need to go this done, I need to get this finished." You shushed her as her tone quickly changed from calm to frustrated again. "Please, Sel. A break will do you some good. Come on, just a small break. We can watch an episode of friends and then you can come back to this, yeah?" She sighed and nodded her head. You stood up and grabbed her hand, leading her over to the bed and crawling under the covers as she did the same. She put her head on your chest, acting as the small spoon for once.

You turned on a random episode of friends and rubbed her back, smiling when she buried her face in your neck. You could tell she was tired and she was having a hard time fighting it. She kissed your neck and mumbled softly against your skin. "Love you y/n." You kissed the side of her head. "Love you too baby."

And just like that - she was sound asleep. You didn't plan on waking her up. She needed to catch up on sleep and you were okay with holding her in your arms in that same position till she woke up.