she gives you the silent treatment (requested)

You hesitated to turn the knob to open the front door. You stood outside, hand hovering over the knob as you tried your hardest to think of what to say to Selena.

It only just hit you what today is just a little while ago. You worked the day away, unaware that it wasn't just any normal day.

Selena's birthday isn't any normal day. You've told her that time and time again. But with the days being so hectic lately, you mixed them up and thought that tomorrow was her birthday.

Now, you're left with immense guilt. You thought she'd call or text you by now, either angry or hurt and wondering where you are.

But oddly enough, there were no missed calls or messages, and you knew that meant she wasn't in the mood to speak to you at all.

You knew you had to make it up to her, and it all started with an apology. It's the least you can do.

You opened the door and walked inside. You found Selena curled up on the sofa, flipping through the channels before finally deciding to watch some reality show she probably didn't even want to see.

But it was something to keep her eyes on, something to distract herself with, so she didn't have to focus on you.

You kicked off your shoes and sat beside her on the sofa.

"Selena? Are you okay?"

It was a stupid question. You knew it before it even fell from your lips. Still, you worry about her and especially when you know you've let her down.

"Selena? Can we talk?" You asked and she just ignored you and kept staring straight ahead at the tv.

You tried to grab her hand in yours but she pulled away before you got the chance and put it on her lap, beneath the blanket that was draped around her shoulders.

You hung your head and tried to find the words to say. You were in the wrong and you weren't afraid to admit that. Not when you know she had to be hurting from the fact that you forgot her special day when you always promise it's one of the most special and she never forgets something so important when it comes to you.

"I really am sorry. I know you don't want to hear me out. I know you're upset. But I want to make it up to you. What can I do to make it better? Please tell me, Sel. I do anything."

She didn't say a word, leaving you feeling even worse. She didn't even glance at you. She just continued watching the show and ignoring you.

"I was wrong. So wrong. I should've never forgotten your special day. I feel awful about it, truly, I do. You deserve the whole world, Selena, and you never forget the things that are important to me. I know I let you down. If you have something to say, something on your mind, you can tell me and I'll listen. You can yell at me!"

She sighed before looking at you.

"I'm not going to yell at you." She spoke softly. "I wouldn't ever; no matter what."

You breathed out a sigh of relief. She was speaking to you. It was a small step in the right direction.

"I'm just sad. You let me down. I woke up and you weren't here. I waited for you. I scrolled through all of the tags and mentions from my fans and friends and I read through the messages from my family and as much as I love them, it didn't even compare to what you always do for me on my birthday."

You nodded slowly, listening as she poured her heart out to you.

"I love you. I want you here with me."

"I know. I'm so sorry."

She hung her head but nodded.

"And sorry won't ever be enough to express just how incredibly sorry I am. But I will make it up to you! I promise."

"Okay." She said and pulled her hand out from under the blanket to reach out for yours. "Promise me?"

"I promise. We'll do whatever you want, my love. Dinner? A movie? Shopping? Dessert?"

"I'll think about it. For now, can we cuddle?"

"Of course." You smiled as she stretched her legs out and laid her head on your chest. "I love you so much and I truly am so sorry."

"I know. It's all forgiven. As long as I get to cuddle you and spend the day with you tomorrow, I'm happy."

You kissed her head and promised her you'd do whatever she wanted, already planning on giving her all the love and appreciation she deserves.