the best day (requested)

These are moments that she lives for; the moments when she's surrounded by thousands upon thousands of fans who all came to see her live out her dream. But it was so much more than that to her.

To Selena, these fans are more like friends, or even family, to her. She knows she can always count on them, and it feels so good to see them all again.

You stood backstage, watching your fiancee pour out her heart and soul through every song she sang. You found yourself singing along, partly just in hopes that you could forget about the anxiety you've felt the last few days.

You just arrived at the arena about forty minutes ago. Although you have been wanting to come to see Selena perform someday, this was more spur of the moment.

You had found out some news just a few days ago and you couldn't handle hiding it from Selena. Not when she won't be home for another two months and by then, the whole world would know your secret that you couldn't kee hidden much longer.

You were so tangled up in your thoughts that you didn't even hear her finish 'ring' until the sound of thirty thousand screams from ecstatic fans filled your ears. You heard her laugh into her mic and the sound was so beautiful, so refreshing, that it calmed your nerves momentarily.

That was, until, you got the cue from her manager.

"Y/n? You can go out there now!" She smiled and you swallowed thickly, trying to ease your nerves that not only came from sharing the news with her but being on stage in front of thirty thousand fans who would all have their eyes on you and would certainly record and spread the news for the world to see.

But you knew this is how Selena would want it. She would be too excited about what you would be sharing with her that there would be no way she could hide it from her fans.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath before walking across the stage. The screams seemed to grow louder with every step you took. Selena turned around when she saw fans in the front row pointing behind her.

"Y/n?" She gasped.

Once she had a moment to register what was actually happening she was running to you and leaping into your arms. "What are you doing here?! Not that I don't love this surprise, I just, I can't believe that you're actually here!"

You took a second to hug her tightly. You were sure she could feel the fast beat of your heart when your chest pressed to hers. You held onto her, dreading pulling away as your anxiety seemed to reach it's peak, worse than ever since you were standing in front of thousands of fans who had their eyes on you, watching your every move.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" Selena asked worriedly as she pulled away from the hug and gently grabbed your hands. "Baby, you're trembling..." She whispered as her worried eyes found yours.

"Something did happen, Sel. I know your mind is probably wandering off to worst-case scenario, but this isn't bad news, not in the slightest."

She chuckled nervously, but you could tell she was also relieved by your assurance.

"Well, what is it then, baby girl?"

You looked away from her eyes and out at the crowd then back at Selena. It was oddly quiet. It seemed that everyone in the room was just waiting to see what you'd say or do next.

"I know how much you adore your fans. I know your bond is unbreakable and you don't really like keeping anything from them. So, I knew that sharing this news in front of them was the best thing to do."

You took another deep breath then reached into your pocket. You pulled something out and set it in Selena's hand as she glanced down at it you grabbed the other special thing and held it between your trembling fingers.

Selena was in awe as she stared down at the test in her hands that confirmed that your lives were about to change in just a few months.

"You're p-pregnant?" She whispered as she read the result over and over again. 'PREGNANT'. There was no mistaking it.

She finally looked up and saw the sonogram picture in your hand. She took it and gasped loudly at the sight of your baby. She had tears in her eyes. This all felt so surreal.

She looked out at the fans and held the picture up for all of them to see. They erupted into loud screams and cheers. Selena took your hand into her free one and she snuck a kiss to your cheek as a tear rolled down her cheek. "We're having a baby," she confirmed tearfully.

"I love you!" She said as she pulled you into her arms.

The weight that had previously settled onto your shoulders had disappeared. You knew she'd be excited, but it was still a little nerve-wracking to tell her the news.

"I'm so happy that it's you I get to have a family with. I love you, y/n."

You giggled into her neck as she kissed across the crown of your head a bunch of times and held you close.

"I love you too, Sel! I'm so excited to start this next chapter of our lives with you."