lucky (requested)

You put your bag next to you on the floor and sat down at the table with your girlfriends group of friends.

You just started dating Selena, the most popular girl in your university. You're both seniors in college and you met at a small party that one of your friends threw a couple weeks ago, but your relationship has been really private.

You're not really the most popular person in school. You're shy and you don't really like going out much whereas Selena is more of the opposite.

The girls at the table gave you a bit of a strange look when you sat down. "Uh, what are you doing?" One of them asked making your smile fade away. "I wanted to come over and say hi. you're friends with Selena, right? We just started dating and I wanted to come and introduce myself."

One of them scoffed as the others laughed. "You? Dating Selena? Yeah right." Your heart sank and you felt the burning behind your eyes. You blinked back your tears and cleared your throat. "It's true." They laughed again. "Yeah, no. You're just not cool enough. She's way out of your league."

You went to stand up when a hand touched your shoulder. You tilted your head back and saw Selena standing behind you with a look of anger and disappointment on her face. "You guys are making fun of my girlfriend over here?" They all looked at each other with wide eyes before looking between you and Selena.

"We just didn't think she's cool enough to be dating someone like you." Selena scoffed and grabbed your bag from the ground. She grabbed your hand and pulled you up. "You guys aren't my friends. I can't believe you'd treat someone like this. She's amazing, absolutely incredible, and i'm lucky to be with someone like her. I'm so embarrassed by all of you right now. Come on y/n, let's go."

She led you away from the table and down the hallway to the bathroom. She locked the door behind you both and when you went to ask her if she was okay, she pressed her lips to yours and cupped your chin in her hand. "I'm so sorry about them. Are you okay? They didn't hurt your feelings, right?" She brushed her thumb across your cheek and searched your face for any sign of you being upset in any way.

"I'm okay, thanks to you. You really didn't have to stand up for me though. Aren't those people your friends?" Selena shook her head and pecked your lips softly. "Not anymore. If they treat people like that, and especially my girlfriend, then I don't want anything to do with them."

You looped your arms around her neck and hugged her close. "How'd I get so lucky?" Selena giggled and kissed your cheek. "I ask myself the same question."