you fight but can't sleep without each other

You slammed the door to the guest bedroom behind you. You flopped down on the bed and buried your face into the pillows.

You were already stressed out before but then you and Selena had a massive fight over something so small and unimportant that was blown out of proportion because you both had tough days.

You decided to just sleep in the guest room. You didn't wanna deal with the fight any longer or Selena's bad mood, so it just made it all easier to call it a night and give each other space. But as you crawled under the covers you realized there was one major problem with your idea - you can't sleep without her there with you.

You turned the lights off, figuring the darkness and the stillness of the room would help you sleep. But it felt strange without her there. She's just down the hall, so close yet seemingly so far away.

You felt cold without her there to hold you. You felt tired from your day but restless without the security that only she can provide you. You looked at the clock on the wall and found nearly two hours had gone by since you both went your separate ways for the night. It was nearing eleven now and you couldn't help but wonder if Selena was having the same problem as you. Was she wide awake too? Or was she so tired and worn out that she had fallen right asleep?

You had to know. The stress of the situation was weighing you down too much and there was this pull at your heart, this need to know that she was okay.

You pushed the blankets away and got out of bed. You tiptoed down the hallway and saw the bedroom door was wide open.

"I was hoping you'd make your way here tonight." You heard Selena say. The rustle of the blankets was the next thing you heard before the light in the bedroom was turned on, allowing you to see her face. She looked tired but restless, like you.

You toyed with your fingers nervously, unsure if you should just go on in or if you should ask if everything was okay for you to come in. But Selena spoke up first.

"Come here, angel."

A small smile crossed your face and you made your way to her. She pulled you into bed when you were close enough and her arms wrapped right around you, making all of the worries you held previously about if you would be okay wash right away.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled as you buried your face into her shirt.

"I know. I'm sorry, too. We were both stressed, we both had long days and we were both at the end of our rope today. I wanna put it behind us. I love you way too much to let one stupid fight get in the way of us and the way we love each other."

You let out a breath of relief and nodded. "Me too. I love you."

"I love you. I'm happy you came back tonight, I was worried you really were gonna spend the night in the guest room."

You both laughed a little. "No. I got too cold and worried. My mind kept wandering back to you, back to us. I had to make sure we were okay."

She kissed your head softly. "We're just fine, baby. We'll always be just fine. I love you so much and no matter how much we fight or how bad it could be, we will always find ways to work it out. I promise."

You smiled against her neck as you buried your face in the crook of it. "Good."

She turned the light off and laid back against the bed, pulling you down with her. "Goodnight, angel. Sweet dreams."

"Goodnight, Sel. Love you so much."