you get in an accident

Selena's heart and mind were both racing as she ran inside the hospital. The phone call she got less than ten minutes ago was one that put on her on edge, making her anxiety go crazy.

She ran up to the desk, nearly giving the lady that was working there a heart attack. "Someone called me a few minutes ago. My girlfriend was in an accident? Do you know if she's okay?" It all came out a little quick but she couldn't help it.

"Selena?" She heard a voice come from behind her and when she turned around she saw a doctor standing behind her. "Yes." Her hands were shaking, tears forming in her eyes. She needed to know that you were okay.

"Your girlfriend is stable now." Selena let out a huge breath of relief. "She was a little touch and go there for a minute but she's okay now." Selena sniffled, the thought of you being so hurt broke her heart. "What happened?"

The doctor sighed sadly. "Someone wasn't paying attention and hit her car pretty hard. They were texting and driving." She bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself calm, but she was angry with whoever it was that thought a text message or a tweet couldn't have waited till they were off the road.

"Can I see her?" Selena asked, her eyes filled with tears. The doctor nodded his head and started to lead her down the hallway. Selena's legs felt like they were gonna give out from under her with every step she took.

Finally, they reached your room. Selena turned the knob slowly and when she saw you laying on the bed she felt like she was gonna fall to her knees. She could see the cuts and bruises across your skin, a cast on your leg that had clearly been broken or fractured, and stitches across your forehead.

"Oh, y/n." She ran over to you and took your hand, watching closely as your eyes opened. "Selena?" Your voice was weak and slightly scratch, but she was so happy to hear it.

"Shh. Yeah, it's me. It's okay, I'm here now." A tear rolled down her cheek but she wiped it away before you could notice it. "I'm sorry for worrying you."

Selena rubbed your back softly. "It's okay. All that matters is that you're okay." She said, her lips lightly trailing across your cheek as she whispered soft little 'I love you's' against your soft but lightly scraped cheek.

She was careful not to touch your stitches as she brushed her thumb across your cheek and forehead. "I love you, sunshine. I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

You gave her a small smile and closed your eyes again. "I love you too, Selena."