first kiss

Rewritten 💗
———————

You sat on the couch with Selena. You're on a date at her place. You came over a couple of hours ago and you made dinner together. Now you're wrapped in her arms on her couch under a blanket while some movie you honestly had no interest in played on the tv.

It wasn't that you didn't like the movie. You just couldn't seem to focus on it. Mostly because you're curled up to her chest and all you can think about is how much you wanna kiss her.

You've officially been dating for a few weeks now and you've gone out on a handful of dates already. She's kissed your cheeks and your forehead a few times and you've done the same with her, but you've never really gone beyond that yet.

She was in a pair of shorts and a short-sleeved shirt with a hoodie over it. She looked so soft and you couldn't help but bury your head into her neck and curl up closer to her.

She looked down at you with a grin and when you looked up at her your eyes met. She started to lean in slowly as she brought a hand up to tuck a loose strand of your hair behind your ear.

You felt her lips brush lightly over yours for a split second before she pressed her lips to yours and kissed you for the very first time. You felt like sparks were flying all around you, the kiss one of the best you've ever had.

You brought one of your hands up to her hair and pulled away for a second to catch your breath and look into her beautiful brown eyes before you pushed your lips back to hers as your heart started to pound in your chest.

You didn't want it to end and you weren't totally sure how long the kiss lasted but it felt like it wasn't long enough. She pulled away and put her forehead on yours. You let out a little giggle and it made Selena smile.

"You're just amazing" she murmured against your lips and pressed one more quick kiss to your lips before you put your head back on her chest and put your arm around her side as she did the same with you.

You spent that evening kissing and watching part of whatever movie was playing on the tv, too caught up in each other to really care about anything else.