Restless nights

You were staring at the ceiling in the dark, the only light that was in the room was the moonlight shining through the window. You looked back at the clock which now read 2:30am and you groaned, rolling over onto your side before growing restless again a few minutes later and rolled back over onto your back. "What's wrong?" You heard a sleepy voice slur out in the dark and you couldn't stop the guilt from flooding through you. "I'm sorry Selena. I can't sleep. I've been tossing and turning for hours."

She patted her shoulder and opened up her arms so you could crawl into her embrace. Once you did she kissed your cheek and rubbed your back softly. "Are you feeling alright? Are you stressed? Got anything on your mind you'd like to talk to me about?" "No. I'm okay I just can't sleep. I'm sorry Sel." "For what? Not being able to fall asleep? Sunshine, it happens." "No I mean I'm sorry for waking you up." "Don't be. Now why don't you close your eyes." "But I'm not tired." She giggled and stroked your cheek with her thumb before she kissed your lips. "Just trust me. Focus on my heartbeat and close your eyes. I've got you baby girl." She kissed your cheek and watched your eyes close. You fell asleep shortly afterwards and Selena couldn't stop her heart from fluttering in her chest, she loved knowing that the sound of her heartbeat which was often beating in time with yours was enough to soothe you to sleep. She felt so lucky to call you hers.