you show up at her house after getting into a fight (requested)

Selena was having a simple night in.

She had nowhere to be and nothing to do, so the best way to spend her evening was curled up on the couch watching friends with Winnie.

But a knock on the door tore her attention away from the tv. She got up and answered the door, but she didn't expect to see you standing there.

She was in shock over the bruises near your eyes and your busted lip. "Y/n!" She tugged on your hand and pulled you inside only to hear you wince. When she looked down she saw your bloody knuckles. "What happened?"

"I had a fight with one of my old friends. She said some really hurtful things." Selena sighed and closed the door. "Let's get you cleaned up." She kept her hand on your back as you walked down the hall together and into Selena's downstairs bathroom.

You sat on the closed toilet lid as she wet a cloth down. She brushed your lip and you quickly turned your head. "I'm sorry." She murmured as she tugged on her bottom lip, trying to concentrate on wiping the blood from your lip. "Okay, that's done."

She grabbed your hand and started to wipe off the blood. "What did she say to you?"

"It doesn't matter."

"It does matter! Look at your face! And your hand. Gosh, y/n. I don't know what went down between you two but I'm your girlfriend, you should confide in me about these things!"

You lowered your head, feeling ashamed of what went down between you two. "I know! I ran into her while I was getting some food and she just started to say things. She changed since I last saw her. She said things about me and about you. I couldn't just sit back and let her talk shit about me, about us."

Selena sighed as she wiped your face. "I didn't start it if it makes you feel any better."

She scoffed. "Do you really think that would make me feel any better, y/n?"

You went quiet. "I just want you to be safe. You have to be more careful. People say things about me all the time. They spread rumors and some people just flat out hate me. But I'm used to it, y/n. I don't let it get the best of me. I have you. At the end of the day, none of that matters to me because I have you."

You smiled as she knelt in front of you and grabbed the hand that wasn't bruised, lacing your fingers together. "I'm sorry."

She nodded and bit the inside of her cheek. "Let's just forget about it. Are you okay? Are you hurting?" She asked as she tucked a lock of your hair behind your ear and kissed your cheek. "A little. But I'll be alright."

Selena nodded and looked at your bruised eye. "I was watching friends before you got here. Wanna join me?"

You smiled but winced when you did. Selena chuckled and kissed the corner of your lips gently. "I'd be happy to, Sel."

She took your hand and you went back out to the living room. You were now cuddled up to her, with your back against her chest as you laid on the couch together while you watched what was your favorite episode of friends.

You felt so much better when she was holding you close.