She's crying

"Selena? Baby?" You said walking into her house. You were supposed to hang out today but Selena wasn't answering the front door where you stood knocking for a few moments before you ended up letting yourself in.

You heard a few sobs coming from Selena's bedroom upstairs. You quietly walked up the stairs hoping that she wasn't hurt. As you reached the top step you heard a few wet sniffles and a few more quiet sobs. As you opened the door to Selena's room your heart broke at the sight. Selena was laying on her bed under a blanket with her back facing you. "Selena?" You spoke quietly. Selena jumped as she heard your voice, turning towards you and looking at you with tears in her eyes. You immediately ran over to her wrapping your arms around her and pulling her head down to your lap. You felt her tears soaking your pant leg as she cried. "Princess? What's wrong? Are you hurt? C'mon tell me what's wrong." You cooed as your hand ran up and down her back soothingly.

Selena removed her head from your lap before placing it on your stomach, grabbing your hands and intertwining her fingers with yours. She looked up at you and began telling you that she was just feeling a little anxious. She looked so fragile you wanted to cry too. She was so selfless, so caring, so kind and so loving towards others... you didn't understand why someone so wonderful would have to face the struggles she did. You knew Selena had anxiety and sometimes she didn't need you to have all the answers. Sometimes she just needed you to hold her. Hold her as she cried, comforting her with your touch. Reminding her that you were right there, right by her side and you weren't leaving anytime soon.

Soon Selena's cries stopped with just a few wet sniffles here and there. She sat up and put her head on your shoulder, still holding your hand and kissing it from time to time. "Better?" "Yeah sunshine, I'm all good now." She smiled at you feeling so content at that moment knowing that you were gonna be there for her no matter what. That you were the one that she could always confide in no matter what. She didn't need anything else except you and you were happy to just hold her in your arms. Happy knowing that you comforted her just by being there.