Mornings with her

You woke up to the feeling of Selena's arm around your stomach, her thumb brushed along your skin and her breath fanned against your neck. She's been away for a few weeks, only just getting home late last night, so you knew today would probably be one of those days you both just stayed in bed together.

You barely opened your eyes, instantly regretting doing so when the sunlight hit them. You groaned quietly and closed your eyes again. You heard Selena sigh softly in your ear. "Good morning." She said against the skin of your neck, causing a shiver to go down your spine. "Good morning."

You somehow found the energy to roll over. You put your head on her shoulder and hummed as she began to rub small circles on your back with her fingertips. "I'm happy you're home. I missed these moments with you." Selena pressed her lips to your head. "Me too, angel." You smiled at the pet name, your heart fluttering in your chest.

"You want breakfast?" You shrugged your shoulders. "In a little while, maybe. Just want you to hold me for a bit." Selena nodded her head and kissed your temple. "Okay. We can stay here for as long as you'd like." You hummed, pressing your ear right over her heart to listen to the rhythm of her heartbeat. It was a comforting and reassuring sound.

"Let's stay in bed today. Just us, right here, all day long. Sound good?" Selena asked and you smiled. "Sounds great." Selena wrapped her arms around you and closed her eyes, both of you falling back asleep and staying in bed together for the rest of the day.