gingerbread - family imagine (requested)

Selena put all the candies in some small bowls as Rosie excitedly stood by her side.

"Can we start yet?" Rosie was impatient because she was just so excited. Quality time with Selena while you watched from across the room, was a happy situation for Rosie.

Selena took one last look at the instructions and the candies before she looked at Rosie. "Yeah, sweetie. It's ready." Rosie grabbed one of the gingerbread men before reaching for one of the small spoons, dipping it in the frosting and spreading it across the gingerbread.

The small and sneaky six year old looked back at you to see that you were looking away. She glanced up at Selena to see her focused on her own little gingerbread, so Rosie carefully dipped her finger in the frosting and put some of it on her tongue. She reached for the candy and dropped a few too many pieces on her gingerbread before popping a few in her mouth and sneaking another few drops of frosting on her finger.

Rosie thought she was being sneaky so when Selena looked at the bowl of frosting to find it was a little less full than when she started and there wasn't an excessive amount on Rosie's gingerbread, she knew she had ate some of it. "Rosie? Honey, did you eat some of the frosting?" Rosie giggled but shook her head.

Selena bit her lip to hold back her laughter and swiped her finger along Rosie's cheek, collecting some stray frosting on her finger. "Oh? Then why is there frosting on your cheek?" Rosie only giggled again and Selena started to giggle along with her. She also noticed there was some more frosting on Rosie's nose. "Rosie, honey, I think there's more frosting on you than there is on your gingerbread!"

"Sorry mommy." Selena crouched down and kissed her forehead, running her fingers through Rosie's dark hair and staring into her big brown eyes that looked just like hers. Rosie truly was her little twin, and she loved it so much. Although, Selena loved that she also has a lot of your personality traits, and your nose, too. "It's okay, my sweet girl. Want me to help you any with your gingerbread?" Rosie nodded and grabbed Selena's hand in her much smaller one, leading it to a particular candy and looking at her as if she was asking her to put as much on it as she could. "It's my favorite kind, and it's red!" Selena laughed, kissing Rosie's head before sprinkling some candy on the gingerbread.

By the time she was finished, there was barely any candy left to put on Selena's, but watching Rosie run to you and grab your hand to bring you over and show you what she had made with Selena was all worth it for her.

She watched as you picked Rosie up and put her on your hip, giving her a high five as you planted a ton of kisses to her cheeks. She was so in love with her little family; with you, with the little girl that you two had been so lucky to have, and everything else life had given her. Watching as her two favorite girls laughed and smiled together, was the exact reason her heart beats; for both of you.