she cheats with your best friend - part two (requested)

This was requested a ton and after writing draft after draft for it, I wrote one how I think it's really meant to end. I will not be writing a third part for this.

------------

Your eyes flew open when you heard the knock on the door.

Your head hurt, probably due to the alcohol you drank to try to rid your mind of the memory that you thought was engraved in your brain.

You had a sinking feeling that you already knew who was at the door. Your friend had tried to call you numerous times last night. She left you dozens of messages and voicemails, pleading for you to let her explain. But you had no intention of doing that.

The knock on the door sounded again but harder than before. You opened it to find Selena standing there and your breath hitched when she lifted her head and looked you in the eyes. "What do you want?" You asked, arms folded over your chest. You didn't even try to hide the irritation in your voice.

"Can we talk?"

Her voice cracked. You could tell she had been crying.

"What is there to talk about?"

"A lot." She looked down at her feet and took in a shaky breath. "Please. I know you don't wanna hear it. I know you don't wanna forgive me, but I just wanna talk to you."

You were reluctant, but you stepped aside for her to come in. A breath of relief rushed past her lips and you couldn't help but wonder why. You weren't even close to being willing to forgive her.

You sat on the couch and when she did the same, to try to get close to you, you just scooted further away from her. "Y/n," she whimpered as she tried to take your hand, only for you to pull it away.

"Don't. Just say whatever the hell it is that you wanna say."

Her breath was shaky as she exhaled. "I just wanted to explain?"

"Explain what?" You yelled. "How can you possibly explain what you did? You know it's shitty enough to cheat on me, but to do it with my best friend is unforgivable!"

You scoffed as she looked away. "You told me that I don't want to forgive you. That is so untrue. I loved you so much, Selena. I thought that you were the one. Never in my life had I ever loved anyone the way that I loved you. I wanna forgive you, but I can't. Because what you did is even worse than just cheat on me. Because of you, I lost my two best friends. I told you that you were dead to me and I hate you for making me say that because there was a time that I never wanted to live life without you."

She bit her lip as it trembled. She wanted more than anything to pull you into her arms and hug you and tell you that everything was gonna be okay. Because you're hurting and there was a time when she was the one you went to for comfort. Now, that's ruined, and all because of her and your best friend. Because of the stupid mistake she had made.

"Y/n, I-"

"I don't even wanna hear it." You cut her off. "I just want you to leave."

She bit her lip to try to hide her tears. It felt like someone had ripped out her heart. She was the one to blame.

"Don't call me. Don't text me. If you ever loved me, you'll give me space and you'll let me move on, like I deserve." You folded your arms again, staring her down as you stood your ground.

Selena stood up and you followed her to the door.

"I'm sorry. I know it'll never be enough. I know what I did was unforgivable. I just hope you find someone who will love you the way I wished I still could."

You nodded and nodded to her car in the driveway. "Goodbye, Selena. I hope she was worth it. I wish you all the best."

And as she stepped out the door, you slammed it behind her and turned the lock. You watched her from the window as she walked to her car and then bawled when she got inside.

She turned the key and started the engine before turning to look at you. She knew she had no other choice but to accept your decision, and because she loves you, even though you don't feel the same, she closed her eyes and started to drive, knowing she had to let you go.

You deserve better and she knew you'd find it.

She knew you deserved it.