you're hungover

The pounding headache was evident as soon as you opened your eyes. You immediately closed them again though, when the sunlight that was poking through the curtains only worsened your headache.

Memories of last night came flooding back to you. You instantly felt regret over how much you drank. It was your best friends birthday so drinking was bound to happen, but you definitely had a little too much, or a lot from how you were feeling.

Your stomach felt a little funny, the nausea making itself obvious. You rolled over onto your side but regretted doing so when it got worse. "Hey. You're awake." You heard Selena's sweet voice from the doorway. She trudged over to you and set a mug of tea down on the nightstand next to you, a little something to help your stomach settle. She also put a couple pills down for your headache, placing a soft kiss to your forehead as she gently stroked your cheek.

"You okay angel?" You shook your head. "Why did I drink so much?" Selena shrugged her shoulders and giggled quietly. "I dunno. You don't drink very often and it was a special occasion. Guess you got carried away." You sighed and opened your eyes to see Selena smiling at you, her fingertips pushing away the hair that was clinging to your forehead. "Here. Take these, beautiful." She put the pills in your mouth and helped you take a few sips of tea to wash them down.

You put your head back on the pillow and tugged at Selena's hand, indicating that you wanted her to lay down with you. She complied and let you put your head on her stomach as she began to run her fingers through your hair. "I love you so much. Go back to sleep for a while, you'll feel a lot better when you wake up." You yawned and took one last look at her, her brown eyes locked with yours before she broke eye contact to lean her head down and kiss your nose a couple times. You closed your eyes, content in her arms as she held you close and kept soothing you as you slowly fell back asleep.