She has a nightmare

Selena woke up covered in a thin layer of sweat and with tears in her eyes. She remembered the fear the nightmare had brought on. She could remember everything. She looked next to her to find you sleeping peacefully and she let out a sigh of relief.

She laid back down hoping she could fall back asleep and that the anxiety that was lingering from that terrible nightmare would fade away. But it wasn't. In fact it was only getting worse and she felt as though it had full control of her. She reached out for your hand in the dark room, lacing her fingers with yours in hopes it would bring her enough comfort without waking you. She didn't plan on waking you up but when you felt her soft hand in yours, your eyes fluttered open. You gave her hand a small squeeze and she sighed sadly.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry baby." You shook your head and moved a little closer to her to put your free hand on her back. "What's the matter baby?" She moved her free hand to your cheek, rubbing her thumbs across your soft skin. "Just had a bad dream. I'm alright. Just wanted to hold your hand." You nodded your head and pressed your lips to her forehead. "That's okay, my love. I don't mind you holding my hand, ever." She smiled a small smile and ran her fingers through your hair. "Did you wanna talk to me about it? You know I'm more than happy to listen." She planted a kiss to your lips before shaking her head no. "No, just wanna forget about it. I know you'll listen and I appreciate that but I just wanna move on from it."

You brought her hand to your lips and pressed a few soft kisses to her knuckles. "I love you. Are you doing okay?" "Yeah sunshine, I'm all good now. I love you the most." She kissed you once more before moving her head to your collarbones. "Goodnight, Sel." You whispered as you ran your hand through her hair. "Goodnight" She mumbled before letting her eyes slip shut, knowing she was gonna have better dreams since she was still holding your hand and she felt much more comfortable than before. The love and appreciation she has for you is indescribable.