Christmas proposals

You slept peacefully beside Selena. It's a little after nine am and she's so excited for you to open your gift that she got you for Christmas.

She rubbed your back and slowly started to pull you out of sleep. "Hey, sunshine. Merry Christmas." You opened your eyes and smiled at her. "Merry Christmas." You sat up and yawned and ran a hand through your messy hair. "So you ready to go open gifts?" You raised your brow at her and giggled. "Right now?" Selena nodded and grabbed your hand to pull you out of bed.

You sat on the floor and Selena smiled at you. "Open this one." She looked like her hands were shaking but you took it anyway. When you opened the box you saw the most gorgeous ring. You took the ring out of the box and stared at it for a second until Selena carefully took it in between her fingertips.

You gasped as tears came to your eyes. "I know you love Christmas so I didn't think there was a better day to ask you this" You giggled tearfully as Selena reached for your hand. "I love you with all of my heart and I wanna spend the rest of my life doing just that. I wanna wake up to your beautiful face every morning and fall asleep in your arms every night. I just wanna spend the rest of my life with you. Marry me?"

You nodded your head and Selena's shoulders dropped with relief when you did. She slid the ring on your finger and wiped the tears from your eyes as she pulled you in her arms and rubbed your back. "I love you, Selena. This is the best day of my life."

Selena grinned and kissed your head. "Every day with you is the best day. I can't wait to marry you. Merry Christmas, angel." You buried your face in her neck and held her close. This was the best Christmas yet, but you knew there were many more to come and you were looking forward to every single one of them.