154. Leo X Reader: Same Voice

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile an orange light brightened the classroom. It slowly dimmed creating the bookmark in that color as it fell on top of the NinjaNomicon.

Observe the perfect opportunity, before attempting a course of action

"HOWARD!!!"

(Y/N) hid the two items inside Randy's backpack as Heidi approached the teens. Mainly accusing her younger brother at the impromptu bit.

Slight summaries leading to the fifth day

Obtained the purple bookmark on the 3rd day:

If a ninja puts too much focus on one thing, those around him can strike at any moment

"Theresa would have found out, you were the ninja if (Y/N) didn't rush in to 'steal' your backpack." Leo said.

"Especially with the ninja mask, almost sticking out in plain sight."

"Honestly Cunningham, that's a ninja rookie mistake..." Howard said as (Y/N) returned the backpack to their slightly annoyed friend.

"But, you got to hand it to her. She's definitely making a first move on him though."

"I could have swore I heard a stutter-"

"Okay I get it!" Randy said as he grabbed the purple bookmark without any hesitation.

Obtained the red bookmark on the 5th Day:

Escaping is a last resort the ninja can take, only if it is necessary

Randy and Howard met up with Leo and (Y/N) once after school detention hours was over.

"Guess who got a red bookmark during detention,"

"These guys!" Randy said as the duo showed off the sparkling piece of paper with their signature poses.

Leo congratulated the boys in an excited manner while (Y/N) stayed silent around the cheerful atmosphere. Just as the turtle turned around, (Y/N) instantly shrugged off their thoughts now in a hurry.

"I just remembered, I need to help my mom with something!"

"I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow!" (Y/N) said as they ran outside the building.

A transparent light blue bookmark hits Leo's head as Randy caught the paper, before it reached ground.

"Huh, I'm not complaining on the freebie bookmark and at least, we have four extra days to hang out with Leo-"

Randy stopped talking as he noticed the words.

Farewells don't always mean the end

He tucked the bookmark into his backpack then equipped his mask, transforming into the ninja.

"Howard, can you try to find (Y/N)?"

"Right now, I kind of need a ninja to ninja moment with Leo..." Randy said as Howard gave a thumbs up heading out.

Leo noticed the Norrisville ninja taking a slight breath as Randy spoke in a serious tone.

"(Y/N) nearly got a mind wipe if they didn't point out the meaning toward one of the Nomicon's lessons."

"Comprehend the task at hand to avoid an overflow of unwanted emotions."

"I sort of forgot how they word it but, I think it had something to do with a communication thing."

"Mainly at the emotions part."

"I guess, seeing fear from (Y/N)'s shadow left a reminder that, I really need to work on my slight jealousy problem..." Randy said as Leo put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, beginning to admit that is like, the first step to handling that situation."

"And so far, (Y/N) is the only student who stuck with you guys after they helped raised your grades."

"However, I'll definitely portal back here, if you shoobs decide to leave them out on your shenanigans."

"It doesn't hurt to have the voice of reason in a trio and,"

"I'm sure you guys can influence a bit of fun at them as well..." Leo said as Randy chuckled keeping to that promise.

Timeskip to the 9th day...

All four bookmarks formed a rhombus shape and a small circular device surfaced in the center.

Leo slowly grinned seeing the familiar object.

"Oh hey, I've seen this before! Me and my brothers found April in the Hidden City using this."

"It pretty much acts like a portable portal and a slight shortcut to my dimension."

"Once you get past the sights of the Hidden City." Leo said as Randy took the object.

Randy followed the tracings of the light blue symbol and it began to form the portal. With the three teens in awe by the mystic energy. He went to (Y/N)'s side holding out the device toward them.

"I'm not exactly the best guy to keep a hold of stuff like this."

"I mean, I used up all of the smoke bombs before winter break and destroyed my sword at one point towards a stupid dare."

"And hopefully, this slightly makes up for nearly ditching on the study sessions, you took time to plan out..." Randy said as (Y/N) softly smiled collecting the device.

"Sort of but, I appreciate the thought though."

"But now, I'm a fan of Leo."

"He's a bit more considerate and cuter too..." (Y/N) said causing Leo to blush surprised by the unexpecting comment.

"Not gonna lie Cunningham, I always thought Leo was a slightly mature version of you." Howard said as Randy sighed.

"Well (Y/N), if you decide to visit Leo on a date."

"We'll either check out New York City or hang out in the Hidden City."

"Deal?" Randy suggested as (Y/N) laughed replying with a 'deal'.

________________________________

Edited September 26, 2020

I may have gone overboard on the prompt close to 1400+ words (but I really enjoyed typing this)

Since I already have three and I think now four other oneshots slightly referencing rc9gn (that series along with rottmnt really hold a special place in my heart)

Like slowly developing my interest towards character design and other cool stuff for creating a story

Not sure if I want to do a similar but slightly shorter oneshot book for rc9gn (like aimed for the other characters and not just randy [like howard in season 2 really acts as the smart one during certain situations])

But if anyone's interested just comment about it

Leave comments or criticisms