161. Dastardly Danny X Reader: Before the Dine-in and During the Break-in

Start from the beginning

20 minutes later...

(Y/N) wore a dark lavender button-down shirt with the long sleeves rolled up and black flat-front pants. They noticed the lapel pin on Danny's vest, wore in a hastily manner. Close to falling out as the rat exited his room. 

"Danny, your pin is almost loose."

"Let me help you with that." (Y/N) said sitting by the couch as he complied taking a seat, facing towards them.

He stayed silent watching his crush, readjust the pin in a delicate process. Observing (Y/N)'s lovable face and pleasant smile once they were done.

"So I just, tap the pin like, one of those cloaking brooches?" Danny asked quickly looking at the accessory before (Y/N) could recognize him staring at them.

"Yep! I don't know why but, you definitely seemed like the type of guy who would play pool."

"Just from looking at your bowler hat and dapper outfit." (Y/N) said as Danny snickered lightly ruffling their hair.

"Maybe... However, let's not keep the guys waiting for too long." Danny said lightly tapping the lapel pin above his chest, transforming the clothes into a light or dark (f/c).

35 minutes later at the restaurant...

Regardless of the distraction part in this plan, Danny enjoyed being around (Y/N). To him, it felt like a wonderful date with no awkward conversations. His early attempts to ask them out left him embarrassed. Eventually leading up to his two friends, finding out about the said crush. And despite the teasing, he appreciates the light nudging from his trusty colleagues.

Danny gulped taking another leap of fate. 

"(Y/N), can we do this again sometime?"

"And I mean that as just the two of us."

"A day off from the usual routine."

"Something about your personality, really warmed up this dastardly heart of mine..." Danny said as (Y/N) turned pink spotting a sincere grin from him.

"Luckily, I have some free time in the next few days..."

"So... My answer's yes." (Y/N) said beaming at him, placing their hand over his.

Danny almost wanted to melt at (Y/N) for reciprocating the same feelings.  

The sweet moment stopped as the power went out, causing a few customers to panic at the dark environment.

("Good thing we already paid for the meal.")

("Might as well take advantage of our surroundings while everyone's distracted.") (Y/N) whispered holding onto his hand as they got out of their seat, crouching by the table.

Danny also followed clutching tightly to them feeling proud at (Y/N), for being quick-witted and staying calm during these unexpecting circumstances.

The next day...

The heirloom had a few scratches and dents from the brief tussle but, the client didn't fret over it for too long. Giving the envelope silently expressing his gratitude as he left the meeting room. It contained a decent amount of money and surprisingly equal between the four adults.

"I see you'll be busy with (Y/N) for today..." Mickey said with a smirk as (Y/N) hugged onto Danny's arm with a soft smile.

"You two already did your job as the wingmen."

"Go treat yourself to something that won't get the cops involved." Danny said lightly kissing (Y/N)'s cheek as the couple went ahead out of the room.

"Ten bucks if Danny ends up, kissing (Y/N) on the lips, during their first date." Leonard said as Mickey shrugged.

"Make it twenty because I know, (Y/N) will do it as a good-night kiss, after he escorts them back home." Mickey said as both of them agreed on the bet.

______________________________

Edited January 27, 2021

This is so overly fluffy I love it!

I know Danny's a rat but when I was typing up the bowler hat for the disguise outfit; it reminded me of that one episode of tom and jerry with jerry's cousin lol (an unexpected reference)

I guess you could count Danny having some experience with pool as one of my headcanons (tbh with them being one time characters there's a lot of potential but I'm sticking to oneshots for this book)

Anyway leave comments or criticisms