111. Donnie X Trans!Reader

Beginne am Anfang

(Y/N) removed the note and read it out loud.

"For seven minutes inside the arcade, the person reading this note must talk about a personal issue while the other listens and consoles them."

(Y/N) went ahead of Donnie as they gripped onto the note while the other teens observed their friend slightly uncomfortable. 

Mikey along with the two brothers also grew worried about (Y/N).

April placed her hand on Donnie's shoulder before he got up.

"For the past few days, I couldn't stomach through some of the news."

"(Y/N) has the same feelings but, through their perspective."

"Just hear them out, okay D." April said as she pulled away her hand and proceeded to set the timer.

Donnie silently agreed with the device in his hand as he followed after (Y/N).

Inside the arcade...

The timer counted down the minutes as (Y/N) managed to speak, fighting the urge to cry.

"I shouldn't have told my family about my new self..."

"Like they're aware of my change in pronouns."

"But, they just... shrug it off, not giving a single care about my well being."

"Thinking, I'm going through one of those 'phases'..."

"I'm even scared that some of the younger kids in other families will follow and continue that."

"It felt like... a false sense of relief when some of them tried to comfort me."

"Knowing their parents blurt out that nonsense 24/7..."

Tears poured out of (Y/N)'s eyes, now feeling fatigued but, added a different comment.

"I wasn't going to play this game but, I would have ruined the sleepover, if I continued to lie to myself." (Y/N) said as they wiped away their tears feeling slightly better.

Donnie gulped knowing he wasn't the best at consoling a person but, he couldn't stand seeing his friend, facing this issue all alone.

"Not many people can do, what you just said, (Y/N)..."

"The fact that you told me about the discomfort you experienced, up to this day."

"I'm honestly proud but, try to take it easy on yourself."

"It's not really good for your health, to focus on the negative vibes, even when it's unavoidable."

"But, rest assured we'll all be supporting you, (Y/N)." Donnie said causing (Y/N) to send a smile at him.

The timer went off past the seven minutes but, it made no sound as the two teens shared a light conversation returning to the sleepover area.

The others breathed a sigh of relief after seeing (Y/N) in a more cheerful mood. The sleepover continued as a positive atmosphere surrounded the lair throughout the night.

The next day...

The packages finally arrived as Donnie held on to the extra copy of a video game, unsure what to do with it.

"You know, you could give it to (Y/N)."

"Just a surprise gift." Mikey suggested as Donnie slowly blushed.

"I'll keep that in mind." Donnie said uttering a quick thanks as he went back to his lab. 

Timeskip to late evening...

(Y/N) was about to close their bedroom curtains but, they saw Donnie outside as the turtle hovered with his battle shell.

After unlocking the window, (Y/N) was immediately greeted by a purple present in front of them as Donnie spoke.

"Mikey was the one who suggested this idea..." Donnie said as (Y/N) picks up the gift and opens it, looking at the game.

"If you ever get stuck on one of the levels, I'll be happy to help."

"Although, I haven't started on it..."

"But, one of the extra modes has co-op, so we can play together." 

"If you're not too busy with assignments..." Donnie said as (Y/N) hummed.

"I just got through today's homework."

"So, I can do a few hours." (Y/N) said.

Bonus:

One hour into the game, Donnie continued to be surprised with how (Y/N) picked up the game mechanics with ease. Until (Y/N) pointed out Donnie's face tinted in a shade of pink.

"I-It's nothing, let's just move on to the next mission!" Donnie said as his character entered to another room.

Slowly harboring a crush on his second bestie.

__________________________________________

I kind of used my experience towards the packaging issue (when my b-day gift didn't arrive until that same week I got this request)

I wasn't sure what video game to reference so a slight freebie at your favorite co-op game