59. Horror Games Edition Part 1/2

Start from the beginning

"She is such a sellout." (Y/N) said as they started laughing.

The pink blush on Raph's mask reappears as the conversation continues between the two teens throughout the night.   

________________________________________________

💜April displays a photo with an arm tattooed in a red bite mark near the wrist💜

Donnie steps in scanning the picture and then turns to (Y/N).

"I may have watched a portion of the first chapter but this game caught my interest."

"Mixing the visual novel aspects with the old school point and click gameplay." Donnie said as Leo groans nudging (Y/N) to start playing already.

"Well, Donnie's kind of right on the visual novel part with the reading."

"But if you guys want,"

"We could take turns 'voicing the charac-"

The guys unintentionally push Donnie aside agreeing in unison as he sits up slightly annoyed.

49 minutes later...

The trio added silly voices for all the characters in an attempt to shrug off the disheartening ambiance fitting for a horror scenario. 

Donnie remained focused on the dialogue paying no attention his brothers' shenanigans. He really wished he voiced the protagonist to impress (Y/N) with his self proclaimed narrating skills as he huffs not realizing the sound cue of the deadly choice appearing on the screen. He eventually notices (Y/N) tugging on his arm.

"Not to stop your thinking process Donnie,"

"But now would be a good time to pick a decision!" (Y/N) shouted with slight fear in their voice as Donnie quickly remembers the correct response and tapping the button afterwards.

With the safe screen in large bold text, everyone sighs now taking a break from the game as (Y/N) saves the file.

Around Midnight...

April left two hours ago but (Y/N) got the okay from their parents to sleepover at the lair. Donnie sees a figure back at the arcade as he shines his phone at the individual.

"(Y/N)?!" Donnie nearly shouts in a whisper as (Y/N) quietly shushes him.

"I still can't sleep after that event."

"I want to know what happens next." (Y/N) said with a burning spirit in their eyes.

Donnie told (Y/N) to wait a few minutes and as he returns, a (f/c) helmet appears in his arms now handing the headgear to them.

"It's still a prototype but I promise you it's not a fix."

"Just something to enhance the virtual reality past it's limit." Donnie said as (Y/N) warily equips the device with the main menu on the screen.

1 hour and 34 minutes in...

The spirit stands in the distance close to glaring at the two starting to throw thorns at them. Donnie and (Y/N) correctly follow a combo action blocking the spirit's attack. After a few turns, Donnie rereads the descriptions collected in the files menu once the tutorial picks up the how to defeat the spirit. (Y/N)'s eyes sparkle listening to his voice and found the solution to compensate the spirit's tragic life. They show Donnie what items to use as he nods following their instructions beginning the last turn. The two teens smile contently as the spirit disappears in a peaceful manner.

4 minutes later...

"Was it really necessary to do that scene hinting a bad route as a realistic option getting rid of the ghost!?" Donnie said in a hushed tone as (Y/N) snorts.

"Horror genres are like that D but,"

"You definitely have a knack for this narrating bit" (Y/N) said as they hugged the helmet placing their head on it grinning at Donnie.

Donnie promptly grabs (Y/N)'s helmet mentioning he saw a slight spark saying it's a hazard escaping back to his lab to fix it.

(Y/N) shakes their head giggling at his previous actions with a thought of them listening to his endless topics heading back to the living room near their sleeping bag. 

 ________________________________________________

Originally typed October 1st, 2019; Edited on October 31st, 2019

The game for Raph an obvious reference (I still have a soft spot for that game despite my hate for jumpscares lol) 

But for Donnie it's Death Mark (there's some issues with the game but it nails the horrifying atmosphere than just shock value; also the sequel Spirit Hunter: NG is out and hooo boy, the developer cranked up the horror atmosphere [not for the faint of heart with certain scenes being graphic])

As always, the next part will be published after this one

Leave comments or criticisms