28. Mikey X Maneki Neko!Reader

Start bij het begin

Mikey opened his eyes to see (Y/N) worried at him with the barrier enclosing him.

"(Y/N)! Please tell this place is off limits!"

"Because Donnie is too hardheaded to listen to either me or Leo!"

"Especially after what you said to him!" Mikey shouted.

"Not really... But I'll tell you the good news though!" (Y/N) said as a sweatdrop surfaced on their face.

Mikey frowned also expecting the bad news knowing how mischievous (Y/N) is.

"Since the barrier I created faded away.."

"The creature that helps monitor the library with me should track me instead." (Y/N) said.

"What?! No bad news!?" Mikey said not recognizing the tiny hint of anger in his tone.

(Y/N)'s ears flatten as they cowered at him.

(Y/N) couldn't utter a word to him not wanting to upset or scare him.

Before Mikey could speak, (Y/N) pushed aside him from a surprise ambush.

Mikey sat up watching a taller cat with the same (h/c) as (Y/N) in a stare down with (Y/N).

The taller cat spoke telepathically still focusing his gaze on (Y/N).

"The orange one doesn't seem interested despite your playful-"

"Shut up! And tell me where his brothers are!"

"He already made it clear with how he feels about me now..." (Y/N) said looking down with tears beginning to pour.

The taller cat's eyes widen and transforms back to a regular cat slowly walking towards (Y/N).

"(Y/N)... I didn't mean-"

(Y/N) ran off in another direction brokenhearted leaving the two behind.

"The purple one kept asking questions while the red stripes had the common sense being aware of what happened to you, Orange."

"Your brothers are by the directory desk waiting for you now.."

"Please reflect a proper apology to (Y/N) if you see them again..." The Nekomata said.

"Wait! It's not close to a month right now!" Mikey said.

"For you that is.."

"(Y/N) doesn't stick to a job when they're this upset..."

"But I'm giving you a second chance with this hint."

"A bakery. And that is all.." The Nekomata said walking away.

____________________________________________________

10 am...

April span around in a cute maid uniform with Mikey who wore his orange hoodie going to a new bakery opening before the afternoon rush.

After opening the door, Mikey spots (Y/N) in their human form helping a co worker with a drink combination recognizing the cat ears on their head.

All the coworkers scurry to April and crowd around her for the first day work preparations excited to work with her. A grin was on (Y/N)'s face for a couple of seconds until they saw Mikey and it vanish right away. (Y/N) bumped into the Nekomata wearing the barista outfit and started talking to (Y/N).

The Nekomata held the employees only door open as April and the other coworkers sprinted towards it pumped to start the first day setting up. (Y/N) hid behind their cat while being escorted to Mikey who sat near one of the seats at a random table.

When (Y/N) was able to take a seat, their yokai form took over their human disguise as they avoided their gaze at Mikey.

The cat gave Mikey a brief pat of the shoulder before leaving the two teens alone going to the employees' door.

"That cat is not getting his share of the steaks tonight..." (Y/N) muttered which caused a slight laugh from Mikey before shutting up.

"Aside from April.."

"Why did you show up."

"I already scare you with other creepy stuff I like..."

"Not a good reason to be friends with me.." (Y/N) said still not facing his direction.

"Y-yeah... about that.."

"Your cat was the one who suggested this."

"But I'm really sorry about hurting your feelings (Y/N)..." Mikey said.

The bakery door entrance opened with Mikey's brothers in their color hoodies arrived inside.

"Did you apologized to (Y/N) Mikey?" Raph asked not noting the tension between the two teens.

"Cute maid outfit (Y/N)." Leo said.

"A traditional one?"

"But Mikey would've wanted the cosplay one though..." Donnie said as Leo pulled over his hoodie.

(Y/N) now glimpsed at Mikey with blush around their face.

"C-could you guys being any more embarrassing..." Mikey said putting his head down on the table.

(Y/N) covered their mouth trying not to laugh but inched closer to him.

"I hate the whole I'm sorry speech.."

"But almost making me laugh with your brothers around..."

"I'll accept this apology for now." (Y/N) grinned as Mikey turned red seeing how (Y/N)'s close to his face.

(Y/N) got out of their seat tapping the disguise pin on their apron.

"You guys can stay for the prepare party since you're also here for April!" (Y/N) said moving to employees' door.

All three turtles smirked at Mikey as he groans listening to their advice on how to get a date with (Y/N).

____________________________________________________

The nekomata is definitely your pet in this oneshot but if you're not fond of cats (just think of him as a yokai that's a buddy of yours looking after you in a platonic way)

I'm done with the specific yokai oneshots

Leave comments or criticisms