eighty-nine : christmas

December, Christmas Eve

Christopher's family and Matthew's spent Christmas together. The Hayes-Gonzales family came over and they all made tamales together, along with other traditional Mexican foods for Christmas dinner. Angela and Abuelita spent the night.

Christopher had been burning the candle at both ends, he was exhausted. He fell asleep on top of Matthew while they laid on the couch, watching Christmas movies with the entire family. Eva was no better, she was sleeping on top of Spencer. Abuelita handed Matthew and Spencer an envelope.

"For taking care of my grand babies so well and bringing this family back together." She said.
"Abuelita I couldn't." Matthew politely tried to refuse.
"Yeah, Abuelita we couldn't." Spencer tried to politely refuse as well.
"No, take it. You're both a part of this family and I've never seen them this peaceful. Chris was miserable up until he met you mijo, and Eva, that girl, I've never seen her so relaxed; always working herself to the bone. You're the light of their lives, they really love you so much." She smiled.
"Thank you." Matthew smiled.
"Yes, thank you." Spencer said.

Abuelita and Angela returned to the guest room; the Grayson house was full. Angela and Abuelita were staying in the guest room, Aunt Charlie and Uncle Henry in another room, while Sam shared his room with Jon, Spencer shared hers with Eva, and Christopher in Matthew's.

As the night grew later, everyone returned to their rooms. Spencer carried Eva to their room, trying not to wake her. Jon had his last cigarette before going to bed. Matthew carried Christopher up to his room, he struggled for a second as Christopher was taller and bigger. He laid him down gently in his bed, trying not to wake him. Matthew laid down with him. Christopher immediately clung to him, he wrapped his arms around Matthew and held him tight. Matthew played with his hair and fell asleep.

8:30 am, Christmas morning

Christopher stirred awake, the sun beamed through a crack in the curtains. He groaned and turned to see Matthew in deep sleep.

Christopher smiled to himself when he realized that his boyfriend carried him from the couch to his bed. He got up and opened to curtains, changed his clothes, and brushed his teeth. He crawled back into bed, cuddling up next to Matthew. The boy stirred himself awake.

"Matthew." Christopher whispered.
"Hmm?" Matthew groaned.
"Wake up amor." Christopher kissed the back of his neck.

Matthew rolled onto his back and looked at Christopher.

"You're so lucky I love you." Matthew said.
"Oh yeah?" Christopher smirked, he moved Matthew's hair out of his eyes.
"Yeah." Matthew smiled.
"Merry Christmas lover boy." Christopher smiled.
"Merry Christmas." Matthew kissed him.

They rolled around in bed for a while before getting up. They headed to the room where their sisters slept; they jumped on their respective sister and woke them up.

"Matthew Grayson, it is 9 am." Spencer sighed.
"We can go jump on Sam and Jon." Matthew said.
"Now you're talking. Let's go!" Spencer replied.

They laughed.

"Christopher!" Eva chuckled.
"C'mon, let's go get mamá." Christopher smiled.

The siblings ran off to gather the rest of their family. The Grayson siblings woke their parents up, which led to their father going to jump on his own siblings. The whole family gathered in the living room to watch the kids open presents.