forty-nine : pre-prom fun

Today was the day, prom was here. The day the group had anticipated for so long. Everyone was excited, especially Dylan. She hadn't been to a school dance like this before, let alone with a date. Christopher was nervous, it was only a dance with his boyfriend he saw almost everyday as his date. Alas, something felt different. Matthew and Elliot got ready together that day. Matthew put on his suit and admired himself, Elliot did the same.

"Damn E! Looking very fine." Matthew fixed his collar.
"Thanks Matt. Not too bad yourself." Elliot chuckled.
"You ready?" Matthew asked.
"As ready as i'll ever be." Elliot fixed his hair.
"Alright. Let's do this." Matthew straightened his jacket.

They walked out of Elliot's room and departed to the park for picture time. While they were doing that Christopher went to pick up Dylan. He escorted her from her doorstep to his car.

"Dylan, your chariot awaits." Christopher gestured.
"Why thank you." Dylan smiled.
"Here let me." Christopher helped her down the steps.

He walked her to the car and helped her get all of the dress in. They drove to the park, Matthew and Elliot had gotten there before Christopher and Dylan. They messed around and waited for their families to arrive. Elliot's dads showed up, one of them was a photographer. Matthew's parents and his siblings showed up along with Christopher's mom and sister. Christopher and Dylan showed up at the same time her mom and sister did. Christopher helped her with her dress and escorted her to Elliot.

"Your date sir Elliot." Christopher joked.
"Thank you my loyal servant." Elliot bowed.
"What's up E? Looking sharp." Christopher fist bumped him.
"Not looking so bad yourself." Elliot laughed.
"Where's my boyfriend?" Christopher asked.
"Getting Dylan's corsage and your boutonniere." Elliot smiled.

Matthew got back and handed Elliot the corsage.

"Hey! You look stunning Dyl!" Matthew smiled.
"You clean up nice Grayson." Dylan smiled.

Matthew and Dylan pinned their boutonnières to their boyfriend's at the same time; that made for a beautiful picture they'd love forever. Elliot slid the corsage on Dylan's wrist, Christopher put Matthew's boutonnière on. They all smiled with each other. They mingled a bit before taking more pictures.

"Hey Spence." Christopher fist bumped her. "Jon." Christopher dapped him up. "Sam." Christopher nodded. "and Mr and Mrs Grayson." Christopher shook their hands.
"Nice to see you Christopher." They smiled.

Dylan greeted Elliot's dads and Elliot greeted Dylan's family. Matthew walked up to Christopher's.

"Matthew mijo!" Christopher's mom embraced him.
"Angela, thank you for our date." Matthew smiled.
"It's no problem! You guys should be spoiled from time to time. You take such good care of my boy, it's only right I repay you." She smiled.
"Thank you." Matthew smiled. "and Eva! How are you?" Matthew asked as he hugged Christopher's sister.
"I'm good Matthew, you look so handsome!" She hugged him.
"Thank you." Matthew smiled.

They began taking pictures again.

"Okay, Christopher and Matt come here. Matthew fix his lapels, Christopher look at him with love." Elliot's dad said. "That's it." He said.
"Are you blushing Matthew?" Christopher smirked at him, he moved his head down to try and gain Matthew's gaze.
"No." Matthew avoided eye contact.
"You are." Christopher smiled.
"That is perfect!" Elliot's dad exclaimed. "You guys are naturals!" He said.
"You're picture perfect my love." Christopher smiled.
"Oh shut it." Matthew playfully hit him.
"Elliot and Dylan you guys come over here. So we have the view in the background. Elliot grab her hand and twirl her." Elliot's dad said.
"You look beautiful my dear." Elliot smiled as he twirled her.
"You're so romantic." Dylan smiled.
"Perfect!" Elliot's dad exclaimed.