ninety-four : i don't want this night to end

February

It was another February night, the snow began to fall.

1:30 am

The sky was a cloudy grey, the moonlight illuminated the snowfall. It always looked like that when it snowed. Matthew was always amazed at the sight, he'd seen snow before but he never saw it like this. It flurried through the air, wafting individual snowflakes into the floor to ceiling windows that were in his room. He sat on the floor and watched every flake fall.

Christopher was doing the same, he watched out his more humble window. He called Matthew, he knew he was watching.

"Hey." Christopher said.
"Hey, it's late. You okay?" Matthew asked.
"You looking outside?" Christopher asked.
"Yes. It's beautiful, amazes me every time." Matthew smiled to himself.
"Is that a smile I hear?" Christopher teased.
"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're flirting with me Christopher." Matthew replied.
"Can't get anything by you." Christopher smiled.
"But seriously, are you okay?" Matthew asked.
"I'm alright." Christopher sighed.
"Wanna talk about it?" Matthew asked.
"Just life, you know? It's all moving so fast. We graduate in three months Matthew, three months!" Christopher exclaimed.
"Yeah I know how you feel. I don't know what I'm gonna do after that. I'm scared." Matthew said.
"I'm scared too." Christopher sighed. "Scared to leave mamá by herself, scared to grow up. What if we outgrow each other? What if we get older and hate each other?" Christopher spiraled. Matthew could feel the stress through the phone.
"Hey. I can't promise you forever, but I promise I will try. We can be scared together." Matthew smiled.
"I hope so." Christopher replied.
"Is there something you know that I don't?" Matthew chuckled.
"No, no, no." Christopher chuckled. "It's just you're the first person to really see me for me. You bring out the best of me; if I were to lose you, I-I don't know what I would do." He choked back tears.
"Christopher, you're not going to lose me, okay? I will stick around as long as possible." Matthew said.
"I love you." Christopher said.
"I love you too. Get some rest, we have practice tomorrow." Matthew smiled.
"I will, you better too." Christopher smiled to himself.
"Goodnight pretty boy." Matthew said.
"Goodnight." Christopher smiled.