seven : tension

The Lakewood Bears had played a couple games and Matthew was settling in. Him and Elliot had grown to be great friends within these few weeks he'd lived here. The first game he played wasn't so awkward, thank god. Matthew still was slightly confused as to why Christopher kept looking at him.

Christopher was still confused about his feelings. Was he jealous of Matt? Did he want to kiss him? He didn't know. They had a few classes together and Christopher needed help. Math wasn't one of the easier subjects, nor was Chris good at it. Despite him being an utter jerk, Matthew helped him.

"Hey. Matt, could you help me with this question?" Christopher asked sheepishly.
"Yeah i guess. So you just have to isolate the variable." Matthew said.
"Could you show me how to do that?" Christopher asked. Their hands brushed each other.
"Yeah, here." Matthew started showing Christopher how to solve the problem. But Christopher was struggling to pay attention. He was staring into Matthew's light brown eyes. Matthew noticed.
"Are you even listening?" Matthew said.
"Yeah." Christopher was still staring at him.
"That's how you solve it. Need anything else?" Matthew asked.
"No, thank you." Christopher said.

Christopher liked how confident he was in himself. He was so sure of himself, but would Chris actually get the chance to pursue him. Matthew thought about Chris a lot, the way he teased him drove him mad. They'd steal glances at each other. Christopher teased him often, he'd get real close to him and just stare at him. He was driving him crazy.

Matthew was good but, Christopher knew how to get on his nerves. He knew just what to do and knew what to say to throw Matthew slightly off his game.