fifty-four : cowboy

June, early summer.

Christopher's family was taking a trip to his grandparents ranch in the country side. Christopher convinced Matthew to come with him. It had been a while since Christopher had been to the ranch, he hadn't been in years. He was excited to see his grandma and the ranch. He briefed Matthew on the way.

"So, who's all gonna be there mamá?" Christopher asked.
"Your Abuelita and your tías." She responded.
"Okay, so, abuelita is going to love you. So are my tías." Christopher chuckled.
"You think?" Matthew asked.
"Matthew we know. Abuelita is going to absolutely adore you." Evangeline said.
"What are your guys' aunts like?" Matthew asked.
"They're awesome!" Christopher said.
"Just hug and greet everyone and you'll be fine Matthew." Angela, his mom said.
"They're going to love you Matt." Christopher reassured him.
"And the more you converse with them, the better impression you'll have." Evangeline said.
"We're almost there, don't stress Matthew." Angela smiled.
"My family is no where near as big as your guys' is." Matthew chuckled nervously.
"Really? Tell us about them." Evangeline asked.
"I only have two uncles and two aunts. There's only my mom's sister, my dad's brother and sister, and his sister's husband." Matthew said.
"And her husband is a dick." Christopher interjected.
"Chris!" Angela exclaimed.
"No, it's okay. He's being serious, when Chris came around for Christmas. My Uncle Micheal tried to one up him, and their daughter is the worst." Matthew sighed.
"She can't be that bad." Evangeline said.
"She went to one of our games to try and hook up with the entire team, she checked Christopher out the whole time and got sad when he said he was already seeing someone." Matthew scoffed.
"Wow she's terrible." Evangeline chuckled.

They arrived at the ranch. They all got out, grabbed their bags, and headed inside.

"Mamá! We're here!" Angela yelled.
"Oh mija! It's so nice to see you." Christopher's grandma hugged her.

Matthew was about to meet Angel Gonzales, his boyfriend's grandmother; His only living grandparent. She was a short lady, very good looking for her age, and strong.

"And you too Eva! Oh, how is the boutique?" She asked as she hugged Evangeline.
"It's good abuela." Evangeline smiled.
"Christopher mijo! How are you? How's hockey?" She asked as she moved her way to Christopher.
"I'm good abuelita. We won state this year, i made team captain." Christopher smiled and kissed her cheek.
"About damn time they made you captain!" She chuckled. "How's the car?" She asked.
"It's good. She runs well and I'm keeping her in good shape." Christopher smiled.
"You better, I think your abuelito would rise from his grave if you didn't." She laughed.
"You and me both!" Christopher chuckled. "And abuelita, this is Matthew. He is my boyfriend and one of teammates." Christopher smiled.
"This is Matthew?" She asked. "Christopher has told me to much about you." She hugged him.
"It's so nice to meet you, Christopher has told me a lot about you." Matthew smiled.
"Good things I hope." She laughed.
"Oh yes, he left out that you're absolutely beautiful." Matthew smiled.
"Oh! I like this one!" She smiled. "Come, come. Isabella and Victoria are in the living room." She lead them into the living room.

"Niñas! Angela and the kids are here!" She said.
"Angela! How are you?" Victoria got up and hugged her.
"I'm good." Angela smiled.
"Sister, it's nice to see you." Isabella hugged her.
"You too Isa." Angela hugged her back.
"Eva! Chris! How are my favorite god children?" Victoria hugged them.
"We're good Nina." Evangeline smiled.
"Hi Nina." Christopher hugged her.
"Christopher! Eva!" Isabella hugged them.
"Hi Tia." Christopher smiled.
"Tia how are you?" Evangeline asked.
"I'm good." Isabella breathed.
"Tías, this is Matthew. He's my boyfriend." Christopher breathed out.