thirty-six : the morning after

The next morning...

Matthew woke up early, he opened his eyes and saw the time on his phone.

9:38 am

"ugh..." Matthew groaned.

He turned around and was met with Christopher's back facing him. He was quickly reminded of what happened last night, he left a small kiss on his back. He smiled. Matthew kissed Christopher's cheek a couple times.

"Good morning handsome." Matthew whispered in his ear.

Christopher smiled and kept sleeping. Matthew got up, grabbed some clothes, and headed to the shower. Matthew spent a while in the shower thinking about what happened last night and how happy he was in this moment. He got out, did his skincare, and got dressed. As he was applying his moisturizer he heard Christopher humming in the kitchen listening to music; he heard Frank Sinatra.

"hmm...come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away..." Christopher sang to himself.

Matthew walked out wearing one of Christopher's shirts.

"Good morning beautiful." Christopher said.
"Hi, what's all of this?" Matthew asked, walking over to the stove,wrapping his arms around Christopher's waist.
"Breakfast. I hope you don't mind that I used the kitchen." Christopher smiled.
"Not at all, It looks amazing." Matthew said placing a kiss on Christopher's neck.
"Sit down, food will be done in a bit. Want some coffee?" Christopher offered.
"Yes." Matthew said.
"Here you go beautiful." Christopher said handing Matthew the mug, kissing him passionately.
"Someone give me a pipe and a newspaper, this feels like an old movie." Matthew laughed.

Matthew watched Christopher cook to his music. Christopher gave Matthew his plate and sang to him. Christopher served Matthew his plate and sang to him.

"You're dreamy." Matthew sighed.
"Here you go dreamboat." Christopher smiled as he handed him the plate of food.
"Thank you." Matthew sang.

They ate and chatted about various topics. Matthew smiled seeing Christopher talk about the songs that came on. They finished their food, Matthew stopped Christopher from picking up the dishes. Matthew leaned in and kissed him.

"Nope. You go shower, i'll do the dishes." Matthew said between kisses.
"Let me do the dishes." Christopher laughed.
"No. You made breakfast the least I can do is the dishes." Matthew pleaded.
"Fine." Christopher smiled.
"Good boy. Go shower we have practice later." Matthew smiled back.

Christopher headed off to the shower and Matthew did the dishes. Christopher came out of the bathroom and saw Matthew listening to his favorite songs. Matthew was signing along to his favorite rap songs.

"You like rap?" Christopher asked.
"Yeah. I mostly like older rap though." Matthew explained.
"You know who Cypress Hill is?" Christopher asked.
"Not really." Matthew said.
"I'll show you who they are." Christopher smiled.

Christopher played Cypress Hill's entire discography, living his best life showing Matthew a part of his culture.

"Wow, this is good." Matthew smiled. "Where'd you find them?" He asked.
"It's a federal crime to be Hispanic and not know who Cypress Hill is." Christopher laughed.

They continued listening to music to pass the time. They danced around and sang their hearts out, having the time of their lives. They continued slow dancing to jazz together.

"You gonna dance with me like this at prom?" Matthew smiled.
"Yes." Christopher smiled back.
"You okay?" Matthew asked.
"I'll be okay beautiful." Christopher tucked Matthew's hair behind his ear.
"You sure?" Matthew responded.
"Yeah, it's only my dad. He's not even staying here, he's staying in Salt Lake, as long as he doesn't try to be all friendly with my mom or sister. There will be peace. If he tries to hurt them again, I'll kick his fucking teeth in." Christopher smiled.
"Calm down tiger. If I have to go with you mom to bail you out I will be pissed." Matthew kissed him.
"I know. As long as my other half is there, I won't lose my cool." Christopher kissed him again.
"You're the best boyfriend." Matthew smiled.
"I know. I'm awesome." Christopher smirked.
"Don't let it go to your head." Matthew chuckled.
"You wanna warm up for practice?" Christopher smirked.
"Always." Matthew smiled back as he went in to kiss him.

Christopher smiled as he picked Matthew up and carried him to his room for a quick few rounds before practice. An hour passed, they had to be at practice in half an hour. They lay in bed, Matthew with his head on his lovers chest half asleep.

"Matthew..." Christopher whispered, he felt Matthew getting heavier.
"hmm..." Matthew grunted.
"We have practice beautiful..." Christopher played with his hair.
"i know..." Matthew said sleepily.
"We have to get going soon. We're gonna be late baby." Christopher hummed.
"i know..." Matthew repeated.
"A team can't practice without their captain." Christopher whispered into his boyfriend's hair.
"you're too comfy." Matthew whispered.
"Come on." Christopher sat up and started putting his clothes back on.
"mmm..." Matthew groaned.

Christopher leaned over and kissed him.

"Get up lover boy." Christopher pat Matthew's thigh.
"fine." Matthew groaned.