sixty-seven : young

‼️language and homophobia‼️

July, days later

Matthew's extended family was in town. Matthew wasn't a big fan of them, neither were his siblings. Given his mom's side was pretty great, his dad's was lackluster. The last time they saw each other was during Christmas time where Matthew's cousin flirted with Christopher.

Matthew found this a good time to introduce Christopher's family to his own, since he had met all of Christopher's extended family days prior. Matthew wasn't worried about Angela, Eva, and Abuelita meeting his aunt Evelyn and his grandfather John. He was kind of excited to see Abuelita and his grandfather reunited. Christopher had brought his family over to Matthew's home, they had never been so it was a nice surprise for them. Matthew opened the door as they got out of the car and invited them in.

"Come in! Come in!" Matthew gestured.

(Refer to the chapter "pictures for context!" For a visual of the house.)

They walked into his home. This big house that had a large driveway, a three car garage, a view of the mountains, that happened to have two floors. Christopher's family knew that Matthew's family was well off but they didn't know they were this well off. They entered to home and were greeted with the open floor plan, the kitchen was open and right next to the living room. Christopher was used to it as he was here a lot, but his family was starstruck at the wall of windows in the living room. They were even more impressed at the deck they had out back you could see from the living room. Abuelita had lived in a rather large home but it was nothing as impressive as this.

"You have a beautiful home Krista." Abuelita said.
"Thank you. We used to live in a high rise in the middle of New York, since we moved the cost of living got a little cheaper. So we finally decided to buy a forever home." Krista smiled.
"I might just move in with you." Angela joked.

A motorcycle pulled up in the driveway.

"That's probably my sister." Krista said. "Matt, can you go see who that is? We'll be sitting on the deck." Krista added.
"Yeah." Matthew responded.

He opened the door and was greeted with his Auntie Evelyn. She was his favorite aunt, his aunt Charlie was pretty cool but, auntie Evelyn was something else. She hugged him right as she hopped off her motorcycle.

"There's my nephew! How you been kid?" Evelyn asked.
"I'm good Auntie." Matthew smiled.

He took her inside and introduced her to Christopher's family and Christopher formally.

"Auntie Evelyn, this is Christopher. My boyfriend." Matthew breathed out.
"Christopher! How have you been? How's the car?" Evelyn hugged him.
"I've been good and she's running better than ever." Christopher smiled.
"And this is his mom, Angela, his sister, Eva, and his grandma, Angel. But we call her abuelita." Matthew said.
"Well, it's nice to meet you all. You've all raised such an amazing young man, I'm assuming he's great for my nephew." Evelyn smiled.
"Thank you." Angela smiled. "He is." Angela chuckled.

They heard a truck pull up.

"Grandpa!" Matthew said to himself as he heard the old truck pull up.

He ran through the house and outside to greet his grandfather.

"Grandpa!" Matthew hugged him.
"Matthew! How's my favorite grandson?" He asked.
"You say that to my brothers." Matthew laughed. "I've been good. I'm so excited for you to meet my boyfriend and his family." Matthew smiled.
"Boyfriend?" He asked. "Well come on! Let's go see him." He smiled.