forty-one : calm before the storm

a week later

Lakewood had won the game that took them to State. They spent long hours perfecting their skills so they'd have the possibility of winning state. The whole team worked hard, they worked on everything they could in order to ensure their victory.

Everyone was nervous and excited, this was a state championship after all. It was to take place in Salt Lake City, in the official rink for the the Utah NHL team. It was all a young hockey player could dream of.

Saturday practice before the big game

"All right team! This will be one of the last practices of the season!" Ms. Alastair yelled.
"If we win state, we will open up many opportunities for all of your futures. Even if we don't win, it'll still look good on your college applications." Ms. Penelope said.
"We are so proud of all of you, as much as we want this win. It will be okay if we don't. You guys made it there regardless. We will still be proud of all of you." Coach Briggs addressed them.
"Now go get changed and rest up. We have a big day on Tuesday." Ms. Alastair smiled.
"Everyone remember the dress code for Tuesday and we will be leaving at 5 am. You're all welcome to come in your pj's and get dressed at the hotel." Ms. Penelope informed them.

The whole team raced to the locker room and changed. Everyone was ready to get their few days of relaxation on before the biggest game they'd ever play.

"You guys excited?" Elliot asked.
"I am so unbelievably nervous." Christopher chuckled.
"I've never been so happy, stressed, and nervous all at the same time." Dylan chuckled with him.
"What about you Matt?" Elliot asked.
"I'm not too worried about it. I've went to state about 3 times, not counting this one." Matthew said nonchalantly.
"THREE!?!?" Dylan and Elliot said in unison.
"Wait what?" Christopher looked at Matthew.
"Yeah. New York was pretty notorious for being good." Matthew said.
"You've been to state before?" Christopher asked.
"You don't know everything about me Christopher..." Matthew smirked.
"Was it utterly awesome and amazing?" Elliot asked.
"Yeah the New York Rangers rink was pretty cool. One of those times was in the Jersey Devils rink." Matthew explained.
"You are so cool." Dylan gazed at him.
"And incredibly sexy." Christopher looked him up and down.
"Pick your jaw up off the floor babe." Matthew chuckled."I'm still kinda nervous. Utah is very different from New York. I don't even know who we're playing." Matthew continued.
"You'll be okay." Christopher said as he ruffled his boyfriend's hair and kissed his head. "You'll skate circles around them." Christopher smiled.
"I don't know about you guys, but i'm looking forward to relaxation." Dylan smiled.
"You and me both." Elliot chuckled.
"You wanna get out of here?" Christopher smirked as he winked at Matthew.
"Of course." Matthew smirked.
"Backseat?" Christopher asked.
"Yes..." Matthew bit his lip.
"We'll see you guys on Monday." Matthew hurried out of the locker room, dragging Christopher out with him.
"Have fun you two!" Dylan yelled.
"Use protection!" Elliot yelled.
"Fuck you E!" Matthew yelled.
"I'm just taking precautions!" Elliot yelled back.

Christopher and Matthew hurried to his car. Christopher pulled out of the parking lot and drove them to their favorite spot to get frisky in. Christopher quickly put the car in park and cut the engine, he quickly hopped in the backseat with his lover. Matthew climbed on top of him and kissed him sweetly.

"you okay will all of this baby?" Matthew whispered.
"yeah, i'm so sorry about that night." Christopher apologized.
"it's okay. i'm just very happy that you felt comfortable enough to share." Matthew kissed his forehead.
"you're so stunning, my boyfriend." Christopher pulled him closer.
"i l-" Matthew was cut off by Christopher's phone buzzing.
"i am so sorry about that. Shit." Christopher looked at his phone.
"What's wrong?" Matthew asked.
"It's nothing. Just, fuck." Christopher threw his phone to the front seat.
"Hey, baby what's wrong?" Matthew picked his head up.
"My fucking father again." Christopher hugged Matthew.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" Matthew asked.
"Nope. Distract me." Christopher looked up at Matthew.
"Are you sure?" Matthew ran his fingers through Christopher's hair.
"Yes. I'd rather think about anything but him." Christopher scoffed.
"Well... let's get back to what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted." Matthew smirked.
"Yes sir..." Christopher smirked as he slowly took of Matthew's shirt. "so beautiful." Christopher ran his hands along Matthew's ab line and sensually ran his tongue up the line. He sloppily kissed his abs.
"uhm..." Matthew threw his head back in pleasure. "your turn." Matthew smirked. He helped Christopher take his shirt off. "You're so hot." Matthew threw his shirt over the seat.

Matthew connected their lips, they made out roughly on top of one another. Matthew dug his fingers into Christopher shoulder blades. Christopher gripped at Matthew's hair, he brought him in closer. Matthew leaned back and took Christopher with him. They flopped onto the seat together, they chuckled to themselves. Christopher loved his boyfriend's beautiful smile. Christopher kissed his boyfriend needy, he kissed his cheek and down his neck. Christopher bit Matthew's trap muscle gently. Matthew let out a moan, Christopher smirked and continued with his work. Matthew brought his head back up and kissed his cheek, he bit his earlobe and Christopher let out a deep moan in Matthew's ear. It drove Matthew crazy. He pulled him back in for a kiss, he pulled Christopher in my his hips. They continued their antics, their pants got lost in their lust. Eventually, Christopher was thrusting into Matthew. Matthew digging his hands into Christopher's shoulder once again, leaving slight bruises. Matthew shifted their position so he was sitting upright and Christopher was on his back. Matthew bucked his hips back and forth, Christopher dug his fingers into Matthew's hips. Christopher loved this side of Matthew as much as he loved his car. Seeing him in this light was so different than usual, Matthew could say the same. They both finished and cleaned themselves up; Matthew laid down on top of Christopher.

Christopher grabbed one of his jackets he had lying on the floor and covered himself and Matthew's lower halves. Matthew cuddled up to his boyfriend. The smell of him after they had sex was intoxicating to him. Christopher played with his hair and kissed his forehead. Matthew ran his fingers over Christopher's chest.

"You wanna talk about it now?" Matthew asked.
"he's coming into town next week. He likes to ruin my life at really inconvenient times." Christopher chuckled.
"you gonna be okay?" Matthew asked.
"i'll be okay." Christopher smiled. "he doesn't affect me as much as he used to. he's probably just coming to ruin our lives once again." Christopher whispered into Matthew's hair.
"you're always welcome to stay at my house." Matthew smiled at him.
"so amazing." Christopher brought Matthew's head up to meet his gaze.
"You wanna go for round 2?" Matthew asked.
"Of course." Christopher smirked as he connected their lips.

They went for round two, round two quickly became round five. Time passed. They cuddled together. They saw the time and thought they'd better get home. Christopher dropped Matthew at his home. Christopher kissed him sweetly before he went into his house.

"I'll see you Monday." Christopher smiled.
"See you Monday." Matthew smiled back.
"You go rest up. I think I did a number on you." Christopher smirked.
"I think I did a number on you." Matthew leaned in.
"Naughty boy." Christopher smirked as he kissed Matthew.
"I'll see you on Monday." Matthew smirked as he walked away. Christopher stared at him as he walked in. "I can feel you staring at my ass!" Matthew yelled.
"Damnit! You're like a ninja." Christopher said.
"Go home lover boy!" Matthew responded.
"I'm going!" Christopher yelled.