fifty-six : summertime sickness

A couple days later

The boys were relaxing at their homes after their long weekend with Christopher's family. Matthew was feeling a bit under the weather, so he spent his day in bed. He heard his phone buzzing, he picked it up and gazed at it.

*incoming call from Christopher 💕*

Matthew smiled and answered the phone.

"Hey." Matthew said.
"Hey baby, you okay?" Christopher asked.
"Yeah, I think it's just allergies." Matthew chuckled.
"Baby you sound terrible." Christopher chuckled.
"Yeah, I know. Is something wrong?" Matthew asked.
"Not at all. I just hadn't heard from you today, that's all." Christopher said. "Is anyone taking care of you?" He added.
"No. There was a family event today, so I'm home alone." Matthew said.
"Do you mind if I come over?" Christopher asked.
"Baby, I don't want to get you sick." Matthew sighed.
"I do not care. You are quite literally my love, so I will be right over with all the essentials." Christopher said.
"You don't have to." Matthew said.
"I'll be right over I love you." Christopher smiled.
"You're so stubborn, I love you too. Drive safe." Matthew smiled.

Christopher hung up and drove to the nearest store. He picked up everything he thought Matthew would need. Christopher put together a small care package for his boyfriend, he gave him one of his hoodies, a pair of his sweatpants, and some of his old shirts. He even picked up some of Matthew's favorite candies and drinks, in attempt to cheer him up. He arranged it in a basket and drove to Matthew's house.

Christopher let himself in with the spare key Matthew had given him. He placed all of the gifts on the counter and ventured into Matthew's room, where he had been resting. He knocked on his door and walked in. The room was dark, Matthew was buried in blankets. Christopher kneeled down on the side of the bed, he brushed his hair out of his eyes.

"Hey." Christopher smiled.
"Hi." Matthew responded.
"You okay?" Christopher cocked his head to the side.
"No, im dying." Matthew groaned.

Christopher chuckled and got up. He opened the curtains and the blinds, the light filled the room. Matthew groaned and covered his head with the blanket.

"I hate you." Matthew grumbled.

Christopher went out into the kitchen and brought Matthew his peace offering.

"Do you hate me now?" Christopher smirked.

He stood in front of Matthew's bed holding the basket and the flowers. Matthew dramatically threw the blanket off of himself to see his boyfriend.

"No." Matthew smiled. "You brought all of this for me?" He asked.
"Of course I did my love." Christopher smiled. "There's tea, soup, 7up, Vicks, and everything you need to get better. There's also some of my clothes in there for you." Christopher set the basket on the bed.
"You got me my favorite candy?" Matthew looked at him as he rummaged through the basket. "And flowers?" Matthew grabbed the flowers and put them on his bed.
"Yes I did." Christopher chuckled.
"I love you so much." Matthew hugged him.
"I love you too. Did I do good?" Christopher hugged him back.
"Yes, you did." Matthew chuckled. "You did very good, my love." Matthew gazed into his eyes.
"I really want to kiss you right now." Christopher smiled.
"I don't want to get you sick." Matthew pleaded.
"Too late." Christopher went in for the kiss.
"Baby, you're gonna get sick." Matthew pulled away.
"I don't care." Christopher said between kisses.