eighty-three : genisis

‼️BODY IMAGE & SENSITIVE THEMES‼️

September 17th

Matthew Peter Grayson. Today was his 18th birthday. He had been struggling to accept that he was growing up and getting older, it was so weird to him. One day he was just starting middle school, the next he's less than a year away from graduation. He couldn't be bothered to deal with his birthday yet, much like Christopher he wasn't a big fan of his birthday. He didn't like birthday parties, at least not anymore. He was sober and so were his friends, he had no reason to drink himself half to death anymore.

4:54 am

He woke up early. He snuck out of the house to go to the gym, the only place he could find solace and potentially the only place he'd find peace today. The whole hockey team worked out at the same gym, the attendants knew Matthew by name and he liked that.

Matthew drove to the gym, his music playing subtly in the background. He was awaiting a text from Christopher but he knew he wasn't awake and wouldn't be for another seven hours.

He got there and scanned himself in. No one was really there, only himself and the attendants. He was surrounded by the exercise machines and his conscious. He immediately got to work, he only did a light full body day. He wished he could have his boyfriend's physique, Matthew was much more slim and athletic than Christopher. Christopher had a more masculine feel, he had broad shoulders and muscular forearms with all his veins popping out at any given moment. Matthew had delicate features, he wished he could put on muscle like his boyfriend and best friend.

He hushed his thoughts with a constant flow of music emitting from his headphones. He put them on and tuned out his thoughts and the world.

*Now Playing - Square Hammer by Ghost*

He let the music ease his stress and give him peace. Matthew did his work outs with ease, he wasn't trying to make himself incredibly sore. He continued to some light boxing with a punching bag, it was better than punching a tree.

*Now Playing - Evacuate the Dance floor by Cascada*

He punched the bag to the beat, he felt great. Song after song, he kept pursuing his work out.

*Now Playing - Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears*

As soon as the song filled his ears, he was reminded of his beloved boyfriend who lay asleep in his bed. Matthew looked down at his watch and it read:

6:15 am

He didn't think he had been here this long. He was proud of himself, he hadn't looked at his phone or been paranoid about his birthday for a while. Matthew worked out for the next 15 minutes, he would've stayed there all day if he could.

He called it quits, it was a Saturday so no one at his house was awake yet. Thankfully he didn't have practice today or tomorrow, he needed at least two days to comprehend him being 18.

Jon and Spencer had come home for his birthday, he was their little brother and they wouldn't miss his 18th birthday for anything.

6:50 am

Matthew got home, he parked his car in the driveway and hoped no one had woken up yet. To his dismay, Jon was on the back porch having a cigarette. Matthew walked out and stood next to him.