fifty-seven : freedom at last

‼️SMUT AND LANGUAGE WARNING‼️

Matthew finally racked up enough hours to get his license. He was nervous about taking the road test as anyone would be, he had some minor driving anxiety. He had only seen terrible things come from driving in the past; so many motor related accidents he'd witnessed in New York. He wanted this freedom though, he wanted this form of independence. Driving around with his boyfriend as his passenger was great and all but, he wanted to be able to do this by himself.

His dad took him to the dmv for his test. Matthew knew very well he couldn't take him mom, she was just as anxious about him driving. Matthew took his road test, he was nervous. The instructor was nicer than he expected, she eased his nerves and assured him this was just a normal driving test. He was thankful for that. He passed with flying colors, he didn't tell anyone he would be taking the test today, not even Christopher. Matthew drove home with his dad, he was relieved. His older siblings had planned to visit today too, he was excited.

Matthew heard his sister pull into the drive way, he could hear the blasting music. He ran downstairs to greet his siblings.

"SJ! Jon!" Matthew hugged his siblings.
"Hey little brother." Jon pat his head.
"Matthew! I heard you got your license today." Spencer smiled.
"Yeah." Matthew smiled.
"Did you tell Chris?" Jon asked.
"No, i haven't told him yet. I didn't even tell E or Dylan I was taking the test." Matthew responded.
"Damn." Jon said. "Little brother, we are so proud of you." He smiled.
"And as a token of how proud we are of you." Spencer smiled. "Jon and I convinced mom and dad that you deserve a car of your own." Spencer saw Matthew winding up.
"No." Matthew gasped.
"Your new car is waiting for you in the driveway." Jon smiled.
"You guys didn't." Matthew turned to his parents.
"We did. Your siblings even pitched in." His mom said.
"Go fire her up." Jon threw him the keys.

Matthew looked at the Chevy logo on the key, he went wide eyed and looked back up at his siblings.

"You found one?" Matthew asked.
"They're not too hard to find." Spencer chuckled. "It does need some work, and it's a manual." Spencer smiled.
"He can't drive manual." Matthew's mom scoffed.
"I can mom, Chris taught me and Spencer helped me practice." Matthew smiled.
"Go start her up already!" Jon urged.

Matthew and his siblings ran out to the driveway. He stared at the car in awe at his new; to him at-least, blacked out 2017 manual Camaro. Matthew couldn't stop looking at it.

"You guys are the best." Matthew hugged them again.
"We know." Jon joked.
"Take her for a ride, go show your boyfriend, let us know how she runs." Spencer smiled.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Matthew smiled.
"Be careful." Spencer said.
"I will, I'll see you guys later." Matthew said.

Matthew hopped in the car and started it. He took a minute to himself and began driving off. This was the second time he's driven by himself, he put his music on before he began his journey of freedom. He drove around town testing the car.

"Could use a clutch replacement, definitely an oil change." Matthew said to himself. "Rides pretty smooth." He kept talking to himself.

Matthew kept driving, he wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere. He longed for this alone time. He cruised along the Utah backroads Christopher had once showed him, his favorite song came on.

*Now playing "Coast Side" by Omar Rudberg*

He felt free, he felt independent. He was focused on the road singing to himself.

"Coast side, we live for the night. We left the ghost town to get on the ride. We'll tell you secrets bout our youth but nothing to close to the truth, out on the coast side."