sixty-four : Stanley Cup

A/N : Stanley Cup playoff games are happening at the time of writing. As an Avs faithful I'm so hype rn (writing after game 4) also if you don't remember Christopher is also an Colorado Avalanche/Ducks fan. Matthew is a Rangers/Devils fan, Elliot is an Avalanche fan, Dylan is a Bruins/Avalanche fan. And the game is Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche.

Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final

Christopher was ecstatic about the Stanley Cup. The whole friend group was, they were hockey players after all. They had watched all three previous games together, Christopher was still reeling over the loss they had taken days prior. However the Avs lead 2-1. They watched the game at Matthew's house, no one else was home except Sam. Sam sat on the couch and watched the game with them. The game started, every was focused on the screen.

"Kadri's back!" Elliot said.
"Hell yeah." Christopher commented.
"This is gonna be good." Dylan added.

The game had barley started. Tampa already scored.

"Already?" Christopher huffed.
"Fuck!" Dylan sighed.

They huffed over Tampa opening the scoring 36 seconds into the first quarter. They both put up a good fight.

The second period was underway. At the 5:17 mark the Avalanche scored.

"Finally, Jesus." Christopher sighed.
"About damn time." Dylan said.
"Isn't that MacKinnon's first goal of the finals?" Matthew asked.
"Yeah." Elliot responded.
"Since when are you interested in the Avs?" Christopher teased.
"My teams lost, the Avs are also pretty good." Matthew said.

Not too much later Tampa scored, leaving them 2-1, the Avalanche losing. They were all tied up in the 3rd period, 2-2. The 3rd period ended. They went into overtime, everyone was on the edge of their seats. They watched attentively and anxiously, the puck was being tossed around the ice; getting stolen by both teams several times. They flinched as they knew the movements that needed to be made. They watched as Kadri scored the winning goal.

"Did it go in? It went in right?" Christopher asked.
"We're waiting for review." Matthew replied.
"Wait wait wait!" Elliot said.
"Come on! Did we win?" Dylan yelled at the tv.

They watched the slow-mo instant replay. The puck went in.

"Hell yeah!" Elliot celebrated.
"Thank god." Christopher sighed relieved.
"We're one victory away." Dylan added.
"Dylan I'm surprised you like the Avs." Matthew said.
"Yeah, we both know that the Knights aren't the best." Dylan chuckled.

They all celebrated in the living room. Now all they had to do was wait for the next game to come. The Avalanche lead 3-1, so close to victory.

Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final

They watched the game at Christopher's house. This was the game that would potentially give the Avalanche the Stanley Cup. They were all on the edge of their seats the whole game. The first period was underway, they watched attentively as the puck was passed around the ice. Kadri got called for hooking.

"Hooking?!" Matthew exclaimed.
"Shit power play." Christopher sighed.

The Lightning shot at the Avalanche goal, the goalie made a glove save.

"Thank god for Darcy Kuemper." Elliot said.

They were focused on the game. They watched as the Avalanche got the puck many a time, but no one had scored yet. This was a good game so far, many saves from Kuemper. The Lightning kept making shots but kept getting shot down. The Lightning scored. They all groaned in disappointment.