forty-four : free time

Hockey season was over. Everyone now had new found free time, most of it was spent catching up on sleep. They didn't need to train as much in the off-season just yet. Matthew just laid around at home after school and on the weekends. Christopher tried to avoid being in public so his father wouldn't be a problem. 

Matthew was laying around on his phone when he got a call from Christopher.

"Wanna go on a date?" Christopher asked.
"Um, hello to you too." Matthew said.
"Sorry, i just need to get out of the house." Christopher chuckled.
"I know. What about your dad?" Matthew asked.
"I don't care anymore. I'm not gonna let him have control over me anymore, so what do you say?" Christopher smiled.
"Yes we can." Matthew chuckled.
"Good, i'll pick you up in 20. Wear something of mine." Christopher said.
"I will." Matthew laughed.

Matthew hung up and got himself out of bed. He put on one of Christopher's shirts he stole, and some joggers. He sat in the living room and stared out at the view. He soon heard the roar of Christopher's car and the faint sound of Led Zeppelin.

"I'll be back later Sammy!" Matthew yelled from the kitchen. 

Matthew grabbed his house keys and drifted headed out to the driveway. He hopped in the car and kissed Christopher's cheek.

"Hi." Christopher smiled.
"Hi, how's your day?" Matthew asked.
"Better now."  Christopher smiled and kissed him sweetly.
"You're so sweet." Matthew smiled like an idiot. "Where we going?" Matthew asked.
"Have you eaten yet?" Christopher asked.
"Not really." Matthew responded.
"Then I have the perfect idea." Christopher smiled as he put the car in gear and drove off.

They drove for a while to the little cafe they had their first unofficial date at. They sat by the window and were playing footsie with each other under the table. They were so in love. They ordered their coffees and pastries, Matthew played with Christopher's fingers while they waited.

"You're so cute." Christopher smiled at him.
"Shut up." Matthew laughed it off.
"I'm serious, i can't wait to dance with you at prom." Christopher interlaced their fingers.
"You're too sweet." Matthew blushed.
"Are you blushing?" Christopher teased.
"No." Matthew lied, Christopher just raised his eyebrows and cocked his head. "Okay maybe." Matthew smiled.

Their coffees arrived as did their pastries. They smacked and chatted about what they were gonna do before prom and stuff like that.

"So before prom, we're gonna take pictures and after than we're gonna go to dinner. Elliot already has a restaurant picked and everything." Matthew said.
"Okay, where are we taking pictures at?" Christopher asked.
"No clue, probably my house. But i'll ask E and Dyl about it." Matthew took a sip of his coffee.
"Im really excited to see what suit you chose." Christopher smiled.
"You're gonna love it, i'm more excited to see about yours." Matthew responded.
"I can't wait to take off you." Christopher smirked.
"Behave Christopher." Matthew nudged his foot with his own.
"I will." Christopher chuckled.

They laughed and continued their banter. A man walked over to them.

"Chris?" The man asked.
"Oh god." Christopher ran his hands through his hair.
"Is that you?" He asked.
"Hey dad." Christopher choked out.
"How you've been kid?" He asked.
"I'm doing good. You would know that if you bothered to text or show up." Christopher remarked.
"You know work has be occupied." He added.
"Yeah, what are you doing here?" Christopher asked.
"I wouldn't miss my only son's prom." He said.
"Yeah." Christopher sighed.
"So who's the lucky girl you're taking?" He asked.
"Actually-" Christopher was cut off.
"Oh never mind, surprise me." He joked.
"Who's your friend here?" He asked.
"This is Matthew, he's my-" Christopher was cut off again.
"Nice to meet you Matthew." He shook his hand.
"You too." Matthew was shooting him daggers the entire time.
"It was nice seeing you boys but I gotta run. I'll see y'all for prom." He ran off at the buzz of his phone.
"See you." Christopher said quietly.