one hundred-three : epilogue

10 years later

"Matt! He's gonna like it regardless!" Dylan said.
"Are you sure, D?" Matthew asked.
"Yes! He's about to be your husband for god sakes." Dylan yelled.

Matthew stepped out from behind the curtain. His hair darker, his body slightly older.

"So?" He stood there awkwardly.
"You look handsome!" Dylan smiled, hugging him. "I can't believe you two are getting married." She said.
"Only after 9 years of being together." Matthew chuckled.
"About to be 10." She smiled.

They heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Matthew yelled.

Elliot entered the room, his blonde hair darker now, a well kept beard dressing his face. The NHL and fatherhood, aging him but keeping him young. Dylan hadn't aged, even after a kid, she was still as young looking as could be. Being a mom and an assistant coach for Elliot's team, kept her young.

"Matt!" Elliot smiled. "Lookin' good." He said.
"You clean up well, E." Matthew chuckled.
"I've been told." He chuckled. "Your husband is ready." Elliot said, exiting the room.

Matthew mentally prepared himself, while Christopher stood in his own groom suite.

"Chris, stop freaking out!" Eva exclaimed.

Time hasn't aged her either, she looked exactly like her mother.

"Eva! I'm gonna keep freaking out!" Christopher said anxiously.

His five o'clock shadow decorated his face, he was taller now, time definitely passed.

"Even I wasn't this nervous, hermano." Eva joked.
"Because you and Spencer didn't have the whole big ceremony." Christopher chuckled.
"Hey! We did! We just didn't invite anyone." She laughed.

Eva and Spencer had been married for a few years now, married with two dogs.

"Ay Mijo! He's going to love it." Angela smiled.
"You think, mamá?" Christopher asked.
"Of course." She smiled reassuringly. "You look exactly like your abuelito." She sniffled.
"Don't cry yet, mamá." Christopher smiled.

Angela remained the same as time passed, she'd visit the boys even if they were across country.

Even though they were nervous, they'd dreamt of this day. The ceremony was the best they could've asked for. They stood at the altar with their wedding parties behind them. Matthew, Dylan, and Spencer on one side. Christopher, Elliot, and Eva on the other. Jonathan was a flower boy, Sam a ring bearer.

Angela and Abuelita walked Christopher down the isle, hugging him tightly and kissing his cheeks before sitting down. Matthew's parents did the same, his dad hugging him tighter than ever. The vows only got better.

"I was just a boy from Brooklyn, a hot shot hockey player, and you still managed to not rip my head off even though we hated each other." Matthew started his vows, earning laughs from their guests. "I didn't know I was one much longer for this life at that point. I was in a bad place and you brought me out of it, with the help of our friends. I knew I wanted to marry you from the second, Elliot told me you brought me home from that party." He laughed, sniffling away his tears. "I knew that you were my person long before I knew what our relationship was. There is no one person I would've rather had as my captain for our years as teammates, no person I would've rather spent all my time and energy on. Since the first day we didn't want to kill each other, I knew I wanted to kiss you, love you, and give you my everything." He sniffled even more. "You've seen me through highs and lows, no one else has ever seen. You've helped me grow and thrive. I am so ready to listen to lowrider oldies and 90's rap for the rest of my life, if it means I get to listen to it with you, in the very car that our relationship evolved in." Matthew started crying. "I know if abuelito was here, he would be so proud of the man you've become, the great husband you're about to be, and how well you've taken care of his cars." He and Christopher laughed through the tears. "I am so in love with you it hurts, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." He sniffled.